Floor and dash mats

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
We got floor mats and dash mat from Lloyds and CoverCraft. My wife took the GT350 mats and recreated them into GT500 with paint and custom ordered the dash mat to personalize the look. We wanted to knock down some of the black interior.
The fit is not perfect but close enough.
BTW, the window/sun shield from CoverCraft was too big and had to be returned.
upload_2020-7-3_12-54-3.png

upload_2020-7-3_12-55-8.png

upload_2020-7-3_12-57-9.png
Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Thanks for the post. Now that it's full-blown summer down here, I've been thinking about a dash mat but didn't see any online. But, didn't check CC and will now.

Since it mentions "Lime" on the label, may I presume they come in different colors? Heck, why make you duit, I can tickle Mr. G as well as the next guy. :-)

Lemme go have a look see...

Ordered a gray suede dash mat, many thanks. :-)

OP
OP
SEERED

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
Kent, the dash mat will need to be massaged into the 500's nooks as the S550 general fit is not all the same as our cars more full-figured dash. This is what was the problem with the poor fit on the sun shield. Covercrap tried to tell us we did not know how to properly use their product on a Mustang. We went back and forth trying to explain that our car was not a Mustang and they needed a new design as a sun visor should NOT be hammer fit, dag burnit! Waiting to see if they listened.

Last edited:

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
We got floor mats and dash mat from Lloyds and CoverCraft. My wife took the GT350 mats and recreated them into GT500 with paint and custom ordered the dash mat to personalize the look. We wanted to knock down some of the black interior.
The fit is not perfect but close enough.
BTW, the window/sun shield from CoverCraft was too big and had to be returned.
upload_2020-7-3_12-54-3.png

upload_2020-7-3_12-55-8.png

upload_2020-7-3_12-57-9.png
Where didi you order the Lloyd mats from with that logo? I have been waiting for them to update the logo to the new snake. I cant find it on their website.

OP
OP
SEERED

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
Where didi you order the Lloyd mats from with that logo? I have been waiting for them to update the logo to the new snake. I cant find it on their website.
Lloyd's mats were ordered from https://www.americanmuscle.com/
they were originally the GT350 mats, but got creative and changed the number to a 500

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Curtis: Thanks for the tip and having done a few dash mats, I do know what you mean. But down here, you HAVE to do something or the brutal UV will wreck a plastic dash.

Still waiting on their sunscreen

OP
OP
SEERED

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
KB, 10-4 on the UV, we are only 70 miles west of Death Valley, and it can be brutal. I really need a sun screen bout now and will get the foil version from Wallyworld until some one makes a quality fold up. We did install rear louvers and what a difference that makes as I do not want to tint the windows on this car.

upload_2020-7-4_11-58-21.png

Last edited:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
I hear ya on tinting, Curtis , I feel the same way. If they could only come up with a liquid tint that dried and never faded or peeled.

And boy, do you ever get some SUN! I think the louvers look mighty fine, how about a shot from the rear and one from the side of the whole lime green beauty when you have a chance?

dsz blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT PP1
What’s your reason for not tinting? If it’s color, that make film that is clear that just protects the interior. It’s what I was offered on the windshield since we can’t legally tint it here. Supposed to reject UV light in the 90% range and keep the interior a good deal cooler.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
DB: I'm not familiar with the current crop of tint films and didn't know there was such a thing as clear with UV. But, I'm not surprised and that much is quite tempting down here in the South Texas oven but that only solves the UV problem, not the IR. For that, it would have to be tinted but great for the windshield and dash.

My complaint has always been the short lifespan of the film, discoloring, air pockets, etc. Seems to occur enough that you'd have to replace it regularly. Then again, perhaps the new films have solved those issues as well and I would VERY much like to reduce the interior temp because even with a sunshade, it's mighty hot inside after even a short while. Adding a bit more darkness to the look from outside wouldn't hurt either.

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
DB: I'm not familiar with the current crop of tint films and didn't know there was such a thing as clear with UV. But, I'm not surprised and that much is quite tempting down here in the South Texas oven but that only solves the UV problem, not the IR. For that, it would have to be tinted but great for the windshield and dash.

My complaint has always been the short lifespan of the film, discoloring, air pockets, etc. Seems to occur enough that you'd have to replace it regularly. Then again, perhaps the new films have solved those issues as well and I would VERY much like to reduce the interior temp because even with a sunshade, it's mighty hot inside after even a short while. Adding a bit more darkness to the look from outside wouldn't hurt either.
I know you are only 30 miles from the sun down there in Texas, but I have never had to have tint replaced in all my years of tinting my cars. It gets pretty hot here in the summer as well. A good installer can duit (as you say) without bubbles. I have been using a good friend for tinting my cars for the past 30 years. No bubbles on any of them.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
THAT is quite encouraging, Jaime but the air pockets I was talking about aren't those that occur during installation but rather, as the adhesive disappears, I would see "spots" where the film peeled away.

So, what was the oldest tint job of your vehicles before you sold or traded, Jaime?

Whatever the years, you're saying the tint looked as good when you parted with those vehicles as it did the day it was applied? If so, that changes my mind completely.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
THAT is quite encouraging, Jaime but the air pockets I was talking about aren't those that occur during installation but rather, as the adhesive disappears, I would see "spots" where the film peeled away.

So, what was the oldest tint job of your vehicles before you sold or traded, Jaime?

Whatever the years, you're saying the tint looked as good when you parted with those vehicles as it did the day it was applied? If so, that changes my mind completely.
My cars windows have been being tinted since 1986 roughly. I would say the longest I have owned one of my cars was 7 years (2005 GT) and it looked as good when sold, as it was the day it was tinted.

That said, today's tint is WAY better than tint from even 10 years ago. I would ask others who live in the kiln like you what their experience has been.

Lastly, how long ago are you referring to?

OP
OP
SEERED

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
My main reason for no tint, is no talent here. Since we live on the surface of the sun and can see hell on a clear day, I do want tint (clear) now after reading what DSZ and Jaime have mentioned. In the past, you needed to go dark to make a difference and at night (before cameras) you needed a blessing when backing. I will revisit the folks around here to see if any of them are any good and get a look at their work. Really hesitant about letting just any ol' person climbing round my cabin. I think I am more protective of this car then my first born.

OP
OP
SEERED

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
how about a shot from the rear and one from the side of the whole lime green beauty when you have a chance?
As requested...
upload_2020-7-5_14-22-49.png

upload_2020-7-5_14-23-18.png

This is the all aluminum version from CJ Pony Parts, Part no. RL16. So far very pleased and rear view is clean.
My 2 cents, avoid the ABS constructed types as they tend to wilt in the high heat like a drop in bed liner if you have ever owned one.
I did replace the plastic hardware that came with it for some quality black oxide #10 flat washers, lock washers and acorn nuts from McMaster-Carr.
Sponsored