Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Do you think there's any significance in the fact that Ford chose to display the Nitto Tires SEMA Mustang at the LA Show?

It was definitely one of my SEMA favourites, but what REALLY appeals is the "floating pony" grille.

Could we see something similar on S550? I hope so :)

06-nitto-tire-mustang-sema.jpg

12-ford-mustangs-la-2013.jpg
Sponsored

Oblivion/2

I agree the floating pony is a very cool look. I'm wondering how this thing is mounted? It's hard to tell from the pictures.

KZStang

If you'll remember, the return of the Mach 1 in 2003 (which incidentally coincided with Ford's 100th anniversary and packages) came with a similar look. The honeycomb was ditched for a hollowed grille that which left a corral-less floating pony in the grille. It was a very stark look in my opinion but the size of the S550's mouth, as we have seen, could make this more difficult to pull off.

Mriley

I actually think the "look" is perfect for the S550 because of its large grille. It takes away some visual bulk. Regardless I doubt we see it on the base which is too bad. One of the few issues I have with the renders is there is just too much honeycomb on the base model. I think that's why a lot of people are really hoping for the GT500/Cobra style grille for the S550.

Powderd Toast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
17 Platinum White GT
My bet is that if Ford doesn't do it then classic design concepts will.

Sponsored

BlueVenom

Yea that Nitto Tires Mustang is sweet looking. The pony in the grill catches your attention right away. I really love the way it casts a shadow and reflection, cool 3D effect which should really stand out on a nice sunny day.

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
Yea that Nitto Tires Mustang is sweet looking. The pony in the grill catches your attention right away. I really love the way it casts a shadow and reflection, cool 3D effect which should really stand out on a nice sunny day.
I called the company that made that grill & for $1800, you can send your grill & they will modify it similarly.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
I like it. I like it even better in the black chrome. :)

Tempus

Threads
Reaction score
That is basically what the GT500 would look like if the cobra was centered. Floating.

yellow.jpg

If the S550 gets an evolution of the GT500 grille and the pony is centered like the spy pics show it should look like it's floating also.

attachment.jpg
shelby.jpg

f e r

Dapper.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fach 1 / Jeep SRT8
If you'll remember, the return of the Mach 1 in 2003 came with a similar look. The honeycomb was ditched for a hollowed grille that which left a corral-less floating pony in the grille...
C'mon guys, the "floating pony grille" started in '93.

1993 Cobra and Cobra R

1994-98 --> All Mustangs models

99-2004 --> All Cobras and Mach1s

Sponsored

kc3333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 YB Boss, 2012 SGM MCA
They look like they're running to me...

BlueVenom

I called the company that made that grill & for $1800, you can send your grill & they will modify it similarly.
Not cheap but it is really nice. It looks even more floating than the old Cobras/Mach I the way the upper and lower lip slant into the grille.... "gums" if you wanna call it.

One thing I've always wondered is why the Shelby cobra emblem is placed on the side and not centered. Just to be different? Better airflow?

zerot

I'm convinced too... Make it happen Ford. Definitely dig the black chrome, hope the rear emblem is also.
Sponsored