Flitz ceramic spray

StealthFighter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BOB
Vehicle(s)
-2019 GT premium a10 -pp1 -Shadow Black loaded
I posted this same question on the cosmetic upkeep area this past Monday and have zero responses so I reposted here.

has anyone tried Flitz ceramic spray?
I have used various Flitz polishes for years on many things and I love it,
but their ceramic spray is new to me and need some real world use info , thanks
Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I havent use it myself, but know of a couple people who have and they said they weren't impressed. One said the coating seemed to actually dull the shine a bit. It is a lot easier to apply than most ceramic though.
I've been using Meguairs Liquid Hybrid Ceramic. I always get compliments and asked all of the time if I actually have a true ceramic coating on it.

For the Flitz I'd suggest youtube for some opinions. I thought about trying it myself, but I've been happy with what I've been using.

Last edited:

sotek2345

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2016 F-150
I havent use it myself, but know of a couple people who have and they said they weren't impressed. One said the coating seemed to actually dull the shine a bit. It is a lot easier to apply than most ceramic though.
I've been using Meguairs Hybrid Ceramic. I always get compliments and asked all of the time if I actually have a true ceramic coating on it.

For the Flitz I'd suggest youtube for some opinions. I thought about trying it myself, but I've been happy with what I've been using.
I second the Meguairs Hybrid Ceramic. Been using it since it came out and I love it. That said, I am not a big fan of the Hybrid Ceramic detailing spray - it just seems greasy to me. I feel their reguar spray does a better job.

OP
OP

StealthFighter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BOB
Vehicle(s)
I've been using Meguairs Liquid Hybrid Ceramic. I always get compliments and asked all of the time if I actually have a true ceramic coating on it.

thanks for the info

OP
OP

StealthFighter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BOB
Vehicle(s)
I second the Meguairs Hybrid Ceramic. Been using it since it came out and I love it. That said, I am not a big fan of the Hybrid Ceramic detailing spray - it just seems greasy to me. I feel their reguar spray does a better job.
thanks for your input

Sponsored

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 F150 3.5EB FX4
I own a company where we distribute ceramic products and polishes to detail shops. FYI most of these ceramic sprays will only last a few months vs years is a professionally installed ceramic coating. With these sprays your mileage will vary which can be impacted by things like the environment its applied in, relative humidity etc.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
That should be a given considering they aren't true ceramic coatings. Still way cheaper. True ceramic doesn't protect against scratches, dents, chips, etc. anymore than the hybrids.
I'd rather detail every few months and save a ton money. Sure one could apply real ceramic for hardly anything, but it takes some skill and patience. Patience I dont have lol
The markup on ceramic install is insane.

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 F150 3.5EB FX4
That's because installing Ceramic is a specialized skill and not really for the do it yourselfer which is why our customers are professional detail shops. We're currently working on a presence where we sell to the "prosumer" which would be individuals such as yourself that want to do their own detailing, the only ceramic offering would be the spray kind.

We also do ceramic installs on the side but are extremely picky on the vehicles that we'll work on. Generally we look for high end vehicles that are new and don't require a lot of paint correction. A ceramic install is only as good as the prep work that you put into it.
Sponsored