Mikeg4572

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GTPP
:frusty:

So I got a flat tire Tuesday in the middle of nowhere. Ford roadside sent a tow truck to tow me to the nearest dealership. The hole in the tire was to big to patch so I will have to get e new tire. I called ahead to let dealership know that I was coming. They said they would have a tire delivered by the time the tow truck got there. After waiting for 8 hours they had the wrong tire delivered. I had to get my wife to pick me up since they would not have the correct tire till the next day. Keep in mind that this dealership was 2 hours away with traffic. The next day I get a ride back to dealership after they called and said it was ready. I paid $442.00 for one tire then proceed to leave dealership.

As I was leaving I noticed that the car was pulling very hard to the left. I stopped at gas station to check the tires and noticed that they installed the wrong tire. They put a front tire on the back.I immediately turned back and took it to dealership that did the work. They looked at it for 5 minutes in awe as if they didn't understand how this happened. They apologized and offered to drive me home because they would have to order another tire. I stated that I couldn't be without a car for another day. Already lost 2 days of work due to flat. They didn't have any loaner cars either. They finally agreed to rent me a car and said car would be ready the next day.

Today I get a call that they ordered the wrong tire for a 3rd time!!! Say I will not have the correct tire till Monday! I am sooooooo frustrated!

We all make mistakes, but if I did something like that at my job 3 times in a row, I would be fired!
image.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mikeg4572

Mikeg4572

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GTPP
Rental

In the mean time they gave me this POS to drive!:doh::doh:
image.jpg

gofastguy

NEO Mustang Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT#3040
Oh my, they don't like you much there even after you tried to pay list price for the new tire. What a shame...places like that give the good dealer's a bad reputation. This is exactly what I worry about with having no spare. I'm on the third Mustang without one and worry about having my luck run out!

OP
OP
Mikeg4572

Mikeg4572

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GTPP
Im about to just have the car towed home and take care of it myself. I'm pretty sure Tirerack can manage to send me the correct tire. Never thought my car would be down for 7 days for a tire .

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Man that sucks! I've had a few punctures in the last few years while driving cars with no spares but have been lucky enough that they were all slow leaks and repairable.

Sponsored

AMESmith87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt pp 50th pkg, 1985 Mustang GT, 2018 Super Crew F150 EB
Vehicle Showcase
Please don't say you took it to auto nation ford in Scottsdale

OP
OP
Mikeg4572

Mikeg4572

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GTPP
Lol, no! It's a small dealership outside of town. If the car was near me I would just have taken care of it myself.

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP magnetic
Oh man you're "loaner" car is ridiculous!

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
One of two reasons I got the spare tire. the other: I can rotate my own tires in the garage.

OP
OP
Mikeg4572

Mikeg4572

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GTPP
I have the PP and the wheels are staggerd and the spare doesn't clear Brembo brakes

Sponsored

BlackDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
It is really, REALLY hard to find good parts employees. I speak from firsthand experience.

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance
I would drive that rental like i stole the bad boy. it would be totaled by the time i got my Stang back....

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
This is why I bought a spare tire for mine.. I know the PP cars make that more difficult, but I will always have a spare. I would never use the pump and sealer....read the fine print, it ruins your TPS and requires a tire dismount to clean the goo and replace the TPS. All that requires time, money and loss of use.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
If they did all that and then offered me THAT as a loaner, somebody would get slapped after a good 10 seconds of silence. A lot of these dealerships totally lack real management

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
no, after a good 10 seconds of silence you would take the keys , get in, drive home.
Sponsored