Flat tire + incompetent dealership = frustration

wjlowe111

Knowledge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
white
:frusty:

So I got a flat tire Tuesday in the middle of nowhere. Ford roadside sent a tow truck to tow me to the nearest dealership. The hole in the tire was to big to patch so I will have to get e new tire. I called ahead to let dealership know that I was coming. They said they would have a tire delivered by the time the tow truck got there. After waiting for 8 hours they had the wrong tire delivered. I had to get my wife to pick me up since they would not have the correct tire till the next day. Keep in mind that this dealership was 2 hours away with traffic. The next day I get a ride back to dealership after they called and said it was ready. I paid $442.00 for one tire then proceed to leave dealership.

As I was leaving I noticed that the car was pulling very hard to the left. I stopped at gas station to check the tires and noticed that they installed the wrong tire. They put a front tire on the back.I immediately turned back and took it to dealership that did the work. They looked at it for 5 minutes in awe as if they didn't understand how this happened. They apologized and offered to drive me home because they would have to order another tire. I stated that I couldn't be without a car for another day. Already lost 2 days of work due to flat. They didn't have any loaner cars either. They finally agreed to rent me a car and said car would be ready the next day.

Today I get a call that they ordered the wrong tire for a 3rd time!!! Say I will not have the correct tire till Monday! I am sooooooo frustrated!

We all make mistakes, but if I did something like that at my job 3 times in a row, I would be fired!
That freakin sux; You sound like you have my luck; I thought I was the only one.. Sounds like they charged you a arm and a leg for the tire; should be free with all the damn isssues... Good Luck with that
Sponsored

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I've said it here on 6g before and I'll say it again. This is why I opted out on the PP option. And ordered it with the spare.
Sorry to hear this OP. Maybe you can contact one of the Ford reps that hang out here and ask for some kind of compensation for your pain and suffering!?

WPStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
This is an issue that I have been concerned about with my 2015 GT PP
While I feel Ford really paid attention to detail on the new Mustang, the solution for a flat tire on the PP car is inadequate.
Is it possible to put run flats on the PP rims?

Bassfishman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem, MT, 50th Ann App, White, 3:55
I just ordered a spare tire kit off of ebay!

OP
OP
Mikeg4572

Mikeg4572

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GTPP
Still no tire! I am going to dealership with my spare tomorrow and picking my car up and having them refund my money for the tire they charged me for. For what they charged me I can get two new rear tires and go wider.
Sponsored