Sponsored

Flat rock assembly plant down this week

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota Tacoma
Ok so I called the 1800 number for Ford and gave them my info and had them look it up and they said the order is still processing with no build date or vin yet...so tbh im just gonna wait because i am worried if i keep calling they may accidentally push a bad button and lose my order or change something!
Just catching up with your recent messages here. It sounds like you found both the Order Code and Dealer Code (or Sales Code) on your DORA sheet. The Order Code is usually a 4 character code, and the Dealer/Sales Code is usually a 5 (or 6) character code.

I have used the Chat feature, on a computer with a regular web browser. Just clarifying that I did not use a phone to do Chat (I haven't tried it that way, and it may work just as well). With a regular computer web browser, clicking on Chat should show a pop-up area in the web browser, where you can type into the fields it shows. If that pop-up doesn't show, it could be your browser settings preventing that, or who knows.

Sounds like you got through by just calling the 800 number, which is just as well.

I maybe have checked on my order at most once a week, and each time (using Chat) I got a different Ford agent. So maybe checking once or twice a week might be fine. It might cause you more anxiety if you called every day, not because they think you are over-calling or might mess up your order, but because the Production schedule in Ford's system can change everyday or anytime, back and forth. For example, my vehicle's first Production week was initially 2/7, then two days later it jumped to 1/31, and now it is 2/14. I am certain Ford's scheduling systems are constantly changing production schedules around, depending on many factors (parts availability, order priorities, batching of orders depending on car build types, painting schedules -- I imagine painted parts, like body panels, are done well in advance, since they need proper time to cure, etc.). Therefore, and possibly to reduce stress, it might be better to only check in once or twice a week...?
Sponsored

Zent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Premium
Just catching up with your recent messages here. It sounds like you found both the Order Code and Dealer Code (or Sales Code) on your DORA sheet. The Order Code is usually a 4 character code, and the Dealer/Sales Code is usually a 5 (or 6) character code.

I have used the Chat feature, on a computer with a regular web browser. Just clarifying that I did not use a phone to do Chat (I haven't tried it that way, and it may work just as well). With a regular computer web browser, clicking on Chat should show a pop-up area in the web browser, where you can type into the fields it shows. If that pop-up doesn't show, it could be your browser settings preventing that, or who knows.

Sounds like you got through by just calling the 800 number, which is just as well.

I maybe have checked on my order at most once a week, and each time (using Chat) I got a different Ford agent. So maybe checking once or twice a week might be fine. It might cause you more anxiety if you called every day, not because they think you are over-calling or might mess up your order, but because the Production schedule in Ford's system can change everyday or anytime, back and forth. For example, my vehicle's first Production week was initially 2/7, then two day later it jumped to 1/31, and now it is 2/14. I am certain Ford's scheduling systems are constantly changing production schedules around, depending on many factors (parts availability, order priorities, batching of orders depending on car build types, painting schedules -- I imagine painted parts, like body panels, are done well in advance, since they need proper time to cure, etc.). Therefore, and possibly to reduce stress, it might be better to only check in once or twice a week...?
right on thanks lol

yeah idk whats up with my web browser. I tried it with chrome and Internet explorer and the chat doesn't work, Even disabled adblocker and all my addons - but when I do it on my samsung phone with samsung internet browser, it works!

Either way I will wait for now because the more I think about it the more anxious I get haha. Either way they will email me with the vin and date when it is set for production so I'll just hang out for that...maybe I'll check it a couple times in between xD

Zent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Premium

I maybe have checked on my order at most once a week, and each time (using Chat) I got a different Ford agent. So maybe checking once or twice a week might be fine. It might cause you more anxiety if you called every day, not because they think you are over-calling or might mess up your order, but because the Production schedule in Ford's system can change everyday or anytime, back and forth. For example, my vehicle's first Production week was initially 2/7, then two days later it jumped to 1/31, and now it is 2/14. I am certain Ford's scheduling systems are constantly changing production schedules around, depending on many factors (parts availability, order priorities, batching of orders depending on car build types, painting schedules -- I imagine painted parts, like body panels, are done well in advance, since they need proper time to cure, etc.). Therefore, and possibly to reduce stress, it might be better to only check in once or twice a week...?

Hey man I just read your bio, it was a pretty moving story. I saw your name was Amar, are you Indian? I am Indian. My name is Aneesh xD

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota Tacoma
Hey man I just read your bio, it was a pretty moving story. I saw your name was Amar, are you Indian? I am Indian. My name is Aneesh xD
Greetings Aneesh! Yes, Amar is my name. My parents were born and raised in India, and then came to the US in the 1960s, and made Oregon their home. I was born here in Oregon in the late 60s, and have been here ever since!

Zent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Premium
Greetings Aneesh! Yes, Amar is my name. My parents were born and raised in India, and then came to the US in the 1960s, and made Oregon their home. I was born here in Oregon in the late 60s, and have been here ever since!
Oh very cool! Similar story here, my parents came to the US in the 70s and I was born in the late 80s xD

Sponsored

Zent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Premium