Sponsored

Single Turbo?

GhostRider8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Maybe this is a dumb question but, why are there no single turbo kits for 5.0? Everything I have found is twin capable of 1000+RWH. Im not looking for that much power (I don't want to start breaking axles and trans) looking for 150 HP or so. I had an Ecoboost f-150 before this mustang so turbos really fascinate me with how easily they can be tuned. I tuned my F-150 and it was like a entirely different truck.
Sponsored

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
I am watching for an STS kit to come out. Had good luck with them on a Viper truck and outside of a little more lag I really like the kits. Not to mention when I went through my Camaro phase their kit was at the top of my list. It was a twin kit but either way STS's stuff is awesome!

A single rear mount turbo would be sweet but I am sure there would be a lot of lag. Smaller Twins help with that.

OP
OP

GhostRider8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Yeah I have seen the STS stuff, I will probably keep a watch out to see if they develop something.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Don't have the room that the S197 cars have.

EDP is working on a kit. CPR says they'll build a kit. JPC won't build one. SPD won't build one.

It is easier to package twins on this chassis.
Yeah i emailed jpc some months back about a single. He said it could be done custom, but an actual kit takes a lot of time and resources they dont want to put into the s550 when twins are easier. Plus he said they are a smaller operation it wasnt in the cards for them to make any kit for this chassis at this time. So i decided in going to go with a vortech jt-b.

Sponsored

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
I would never pick up an STS kit, turbo placement is terrible.

I will be standing by for a CPR / JPC kit, leaning more towards CPR.
What I like about turbos is the ability to change the power output on the fly.:cheers:

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Changing power on the fly is one thing if you know what you're doing. Its more complicated then just yank the boost up and down as you please. Ive seen a lot of people blow up their cars that way. Id get tuner input before doing those things. I usually only have three tunes on turbo cars. 93, e85 and a kill setting.
Sponsored