Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
RB
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Big shout out to Team Beefcake, LUND and Stainless Works Power series headers!! 12.15!! And the DA was 2,200'. That's a solid tenth quicker and with worse DA than when I ran without the headers. And I know it will continue to improve more. I'm going to run one time this Friday before making changes. And with an exhaust system like this it will continue to pay dividends as I add more goodies from Team Beefcake. I don't like Bracket Racing, but check out my dial-in compared to what I ran...now if I could just wait for the light just a little longer. :headbang:
OC run1 6-28-15.jpg
OC run2 6-28-15.jpg
OC 6-28-15.jpg
Sponsored

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
thats a pretty good 60. u still running the stock half shafts? what rear tires are those? thanks.

OP
OP
RBS550

RBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
RB
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
60'

thats a pretty good 60. u still running the stock half shafts? what rear tires are those? thanks.
Yes still stock shafts, but I just purchased a set of DSS 800hp from Team Beefcake, I'll put them in after this upcoming Friday night at the track. Mickeys 295/45/17. I still have 3.15s, once the BCM issue is worked out, I have 3.73s to go in. Right now I leave right at 1,500 rpms. And I have an automatic.

Sponsored

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
those numbers make no sense to me.. you cut a 1.9 60 and still ran a 12.1 but only had 112mph... I cut a 1.8 60 and ran 115. and got a 12.3 1/4

then you cut a 1.6 60 and a 108mph and still only ran a 12.1.. wtf is this sorcery. I honestly feel like that tracks trap sensor is off.. there is just no fucking way. if I cut the same 60.. and 3-4 mph faster.. how could I possibly ET 2 tenths slower.. even my 1/8th mph was 2mph faster... logically these come out to be time slips made by aliens..

Stanginva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
those numbers make no sense to me.. you cut a 1.9 60 and still ran a 12.1 but only had 112mph... I cut a 1.8 60 and ran 115. and got a 12.3 1/4

then you cut a 1.6 60 and a 108mph and still only ran a 12.1.. wtf is this sorcery. I honestly feel like that tracks trap sensor is off.. there is just no fucking way. if I cut the same 60.. and 3-4 mph faster.. how could I possibly ET 2 tenths slower.. even my 1/8th mph was 2mph faster... logically these come out to be time slips made by aliens..
Do you have an auto or manual?

OP
OP
RBS550

RBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
RB
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

No my car number is 73, that's the other guy I'm Drag Racing against that ran in the right lane next to me. Efficiency is where E.T. comes from, HP is what makes mph. Around 110 mph you can run 11.90s, but you have to set your car up to be efficient in the 1/4. I have 3.15s in the rear, if I put 4.10s in I'd be 11.80s or better. But they do not have 4.10s available at this time, so I'll be doing 3.73s once the BCM issue is worked out, then you'll see a huge drop in E.T.
Now my mph was lower than my usual track (114), but when you travel from track to track and the constant change in DA will always mess with #s. That's why it's always best to correct to a DA of 0' to get a true comparison. The 1/4 mph is measured in the last 33' before the finish line to 33' after the finish line of the track, (important to not need to shift in this zone and to hold the throttle wide open past the finish line for 34' to be safe) now let's say it's 67' at this track, it will take me longer to travel 67' than 66' thus giving me a lower mph. That's why I said I will not change anything before I go back to my usual track (which will be 7/3/15), now I have no control over DA, but that's why I correct back to 0' to get a true comparison. Remember the 108 mph and 1.6 60' was the OTHER GUY, which shows his ride is more efficient than my car. Look at Pro Stock, they are the perfect example of using all their mph. If you have extra mph then you're leaving E.T. on the table.

Last edited:

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Have all your runs been done on MT radials?

OP
OP
RBS550

RBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
RB
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Do you have an auto or manual?
I have a auto, I shift at 7,300 and go through in 3rd at 6,900. Staging shallow helps E.T & mph, it doesn't help reaction time...but we don't care about reaction time, it has NO affect on MPH or E.T. I barely stage to get every bit of free rollout possible. As you guys follow my car you will see I will always have a mph lower than what you see for E.T.s, that's because I focus on efficiency and not power. Any gains in mph means gains in HP(for me)(weight loss, making the car roll easier are other ways to gain mph), then I work on lowering my E.T. to match the mph. I'm a big N/A guy so I do not waste mph. Once I get the Circle"D" converter & gears in you will see a huge drop in E.T. and no gain in mph. But with efficient 1/4 miles come sacrifice. A high stall converter & steep gears are not street friendly to most people, it doesn't bother me because I've been around it since I was born. When the DA goes down your HP goes up and mph will follow suit.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
RBS550

RBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
RB
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
M/T

Have all your runs been done on MT radials?
No, in the beginning I ran my stock Pirelli's til I got a best of 12.94 and a 1.99 60'. Once achieving that I put Mickeys on. The Mickeys are great, but as as a stock car you gain mostly consistent launches. It's important to make every run count. Now if my car had come with 3.55 gears, times would be much better than the 3.15s that I have. Once the Circle "D" converter & 3.73s go in times will drop a bunch.
131 Best Pirelli.jpg

Last edited:

Rubred50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 5.0 PP
I have a auto, I shift at 7,300 and go through in 3rd at 6,900. Staging shallow helps E.T & mph, it doesn't help reaction time...but we don't care about reaction time, it has NO affect on MPH or E.T. I barely stage to get every bit of free rollout possible. As you guys follow my car you will see I will always have a mph lower than what you see for E.T.s, that's because I focus on efficiency and not power. Any gains in mph means gains in HP(for me)(weight loss, making the car roll easier are other ways to gain mph), then I work on lowering my E.T. to match the mph. I'm a big N/A guy so I do not waste mph. Once I get the Circle"D" converter & gears in you will see a huge drop in E.T. and no gain in mph. But with efficient 1/4 miles come sacrifice. A high stall converter & steep gears are not street friendly to most people, it doesn't bother me because I've been around it since I was born. When the DA goes down your HP goes up and mph will follow suit.
A converter will put you in the low 11s with great DA. I would not install gears, just the converter. I saw a 12 with same mods with a converter run 11.50s at 118 He had 3.15 rear gears....still he said he would knock down 25-26 mpg. Great times btw in those conditions.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
No, in the beginning I ran my stock Pirelli's til I got a best of 12.94 and a 1.99 60'. Once achieving that I put Mickeys on. The Mickeys are great, but as as a stock car you gain mostly consistent launches. It's important to make every run count. Now if my car had come with 3.55 gears, times would be much better than the 3.15s that I have. Once the Circle "D" converter & 3.73s go in times will drop a bunch.
Exactly right!
So do you plan on doing any competitive racing in the future or just having a blast getting the car to run like hell at the track?
I only ask because I started down a similar mod path years ago with my Torino Cobra and ended up trailering the (non daily driver) car to two local area tracks to bracket race on weekends, in other words I caught the racing bug.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Thats an awesome time,i just thought u would have a lot better 60 with those tires.

OP
OP
RBS550

RBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
RB
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
60'

Thats an awesome time,i just thought u would have a lot better 60 with those tires.
The stock Pirellis would probably do better but any higher than 1,500 RPMs and wheel hop comes in due to the stock rubber bushings, which I have just changed out.
Sponsored