Sponsored

FRPP Tuned Ecoboost 1/4 Mile Passes

SteedaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange Ecoboost
Well we took the car to the strip this past weekend for the Steeda Stampede event and did good and bad.

The good:
-Got lots of passes in and tested many different setups.
-Went 1/10 quicker and 2 mph faster in the 1/8 than our previous best on street tires.

The bad:
-It was really hot. Really, really hot.
-The stock intercooler could barely handle the boost of the FRPP tune in the winter months, now it cannot handle it at all.
-Skinnies cannot hold back the car on the line.
-Barely beat our previous best in the 1/4.

Previous best with only the FRPP tune and intake on stock 235/50/18 tires and 3.15 gears is below:

60' - 1.818
1/8 - 8.624 @ 79.01
1/4 - 13.545 @ 100.08

New PB with the addition of a catless downpipe and removing 23.2 lbs of weight in the wheels and tires by using 16" CCW wheels and 28x10 Hoosier slicks:

60' - 1.801
1/8 - 8.528 @ 80.98
1/4 - 13.501 @ 98.97

I drove this weekend since I was not sure how the car would react on the bias ply tires being an stock suspension IRS car so I am not super familiar with the car and needed to learn it. Had the skinnies up front for the first few passes, but after some soft launches I tried to build boost off the line and ended up pushing straight through the beams. Ended up swapping on the stock fronts and was able to leave on about 8lbs. I may have been able to leave on more, but it was a wasted effort because the car started to bleed off boost pretty bad since it was so hot out. The stock intercooler just couldn't handle it and I was seeing as low as 15lbs in 3rd gear...

However, it was a good time and I want to thank Steeda for coming up and putting on a good show. The Q cars were absolutely gorgeous!

We will go back to the track once we get an intercooler. Probably going to do the Levels or the ETS unless something else comes on the market for a better price. I believe this car has 12.80's in it with a more aggressive launch and proper heat management.

Pictures and videos below for your enjoyment.

[ame]
Sponsored

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
Give me your wheels!!!!!! Lol

I think once you get an intercooler you can get that 12 second pass

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
It would be interesting to see what that thing could do in some good Jersey fall air.

OP
OP
SteedaGT

SteedaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange Ecoboost
Give me your wheels!!!!!! Lol

I think once you get an intercooler you can get that 12 second pass
Haha thank you. She used to think they were the ugliest wheels available when they were on my '04, but when I put them on her car, now she loves them. However she wants me to powdercoat them black and I am on the fence about that one...

It would be interesting to see what that thing could do in some good Jersey fall air.
I think some 50 degree weather and a sticky track would do wonders for this car. Time will have to tell though because we are getting into our hottest months down here and even in the evenings it's going to be above 90+ degrees.
Sponsored