Sponsored

First Mods Done- Window, Headlight & Tail Light Tint Kit

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
The ports on the 5.2 are slightly larger than the ones on the 5.0l. We will be porting the manifold on the Whipple to match them up.

Since we'll be the first ones installing a Whipple on the new GT350 we're basically doing their R&D on this new platform.

Jared
Jared, doesn't this engine have too much compression ration to be blown?
Sponsored

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150

Adaraas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
16 Premium GT, 17 Laramie Cummins
Bah! Engines can be replaced:headbonk:

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Car looks great guys

Now please get that dealer sticker off the back!! :D

Sponsored

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car looks great guys

Now please get that dealer sticker off the back!! :D

Hell no man. That sticker belongs there. Those are our boys and they take excellent care of us so we rep them as much as we can.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449075972.771634.jpg

Rhumbline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 BMW M3
Not to be Negative Nancy, but isn't the point of lights, especially headlights, to be as bright as possible, not dim? I do get tinting the windows, up to a point, what with being in hot sunny Florida and all, but night's just as dark there as anywhere else.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not to be Negative Nancy, but isn't the point of lights, especially headlights, to be as bright as possible, not dim? I do get tinting the windows, up to a point, what with being in hot sunny Florida and all, but night's just as dark there as anywhere else.

It all comes down to personal preference.

In my opinion the darker lights look much better than they do without the tint. There's way more contrast now between the color of the car and the dark lenses.

Jared

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I guess the real question is - how much does the tint limit the light from the headlights? Don't they have specs on incoming/outgoing light reduction?

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
That's the fun of watching Lethal and Whipple figuring it out. Let them break stuff and then buy what they finally figure out is safe down the road.

Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Hell no man. That sticker belongs there. Those are our boys and they take excellent care of us so we rep them as much as we can.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449075972.771634.jpg

Ah I see well in that case I'd still remove it lol.

Not too many folks willing to do that, I wish I lived closer to you to check them out.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
The compression ratio of 12.0:1 will produce more power then a voodoo with a lower compression. The main concern will be the fuel octane, delivery and timing factors. A rule of thumb is a point of compression increase is about a 4% rise in power. But when boost is included the in mix the power increase is higher. For an example, if we had two voodoo 5.2l engines being exactly the same except for compression ratios.
Voodoo #1 9.0:1 say makes a naturally aspirated power of 463 hp
3 points of compression x 4% = 63 hp increase.
Voodoo #2 12.0:1 makes a naturally aspirated power of 526 hp
Adding boost to both engine will increase the power output. But adding boost to the 12.0:1 engine is going to still make more power as long as the timing can be controlled. Sometimes though adding boost or say NOS to a higher compression engine the gains are less then a lower compression engine. If all things being equal and the only difference is the base compression example being
9.0:1 compression boost of 25 psi may make 800 hp
12.0:1 compression boost of 25 psi may make 1000 hp.

Last edited:

Poisyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tree Fiddy
Boosting effectively increases the already relatively high compression ratio. 12:1 is considered the safe limit for stock boosted cars, this is AFTER calculating the effective compression including PSI

You will always make more power by lowering compression and increasing PSI

Curious to see how much we can squeeze out of this without blowing the heads off!

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Boosting effectively increases the already relatively high compression ratio. 12:1 is considered the safe limit for stock boosted cars, this is AFTER calculating the effective compression including PSI

You will always make more power by lowering compression and increasing PSI

Curious to see how much we can squeeze out of this without blowing the heads off!
Having a lower compression on a boosted engine does not mean it will make more power. I know for a fact that the higher compression will make more power with all things being equal. You'll see. Don't believe me? Ask Sean Hyland.

Poisyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tree Fiddy
Having a lower compression on a boosted engine does not mean it will make more power. I know for a fact that the higher compression will make more power with all things being equal. You'll see. Don't believe me? Ask Sean Hyland.
I'm not talking about all things being equal, my reply wasn't even directed at you. Obviously it'll make more and that would be amazing in a perfect world lol but that's not what we're dealing with

Decrease in compression means more boost/power where it matters under full throttle

Also wouldn't be surprised to see them only running alcohol when they throw the whipple on there
Sponsored