First insurance claim?

Noble1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
We (my wife) inadvertently hit some road debris on Tuesday on the way to work. I noticed the damage Wed. evening, car drove fine and she didn't think anything about it. Rim is screwed up along with some tire damage. Cost of a new rim is 900 plus the tire (tire may be ok...need to have evaluated; gouge out of it)

Just sick...:frusty:
Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Yikes sorry to hear man, glad she is OK though.

I'd probably just bite the bullet and pay for it myself...but I get it if insurance is the best way to go.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
You'd really make an insurance claim on something like that? Seems to me it would just raise your premiums.

Thompyt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic/Red Redline GT PP Premium
Most insurances will coverit as an "At fault" since it was "availdable." It raises the premium at the next renewal. If it was in the air in then it hit you, thats a different story.

Sponsored

S550_Magnetic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium PP
How sickening is it that we pay all this money for insurance monthly/yearly and can't even use it because they will raise our premiums or cancel us?

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
How sickening is it that we pay all this money for insurance monthly/yearly and can't even use it because they will raise our premiums or cancel us?
yeah, it sucks. pay for insurance, but YOU BETTER NOT USE IT, EVER.

FireBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Well, I guess we'll all use it if we f*** the car completely. At least that.

Jimdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado and R32 GTR
Sorry to hear.

This is the time to replace the whole set if you have any reservations towards factory.

10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150
Haha, if you hit debris in the road might as well scrape it along the guardrail for a couple hundred feet then put it in the ditch and get a new car.

Sponsored

jpaul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt convertabile
I have to watch out were I live since its suger cane harvesting time the tractor here fill all our roads up with big piles of mud looks like basket balls every were

Codog23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
have you looked into taking it to a rim guy first. the can buff out a lot, powder coat etc. and make rims look like new. And it won't cost anywhere close to 900 bucks. I had a scraped rim on my old mustang and it was only $150. i would never go to insurance for that. I set my deductible at 1000 bucks, because unless it's damage over that amount I am not using insurance.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
People have insurance to help when there's a serious problem -- like, if you hit somebody and total their car and they end up in the hospital with a broken arm, you have an insurance so they don't sue you and take everything you own.

But for some minor damage to a wheel and tire? That's not the purpose of having insurance.

S550_Magnetic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium PP
People have insurance to help when there's a serious problem -- like, if you hit somebody and total their car and they end up in the hospital with a broken arm, you have an insurance so they don't sue you and take everything you own.

But for some minor damage to a wheel and tire? That's not the purpose of having insurance.
I have been paying on insurance since I was 16 years old, I am now almost 35 years old. I have never once used my insurance. When do I get my return? The only thing I have ever gotten from it is increases in my premiums.
Sponsored