Sponsored

First Ever Aftermarket S550 Adjustable Camber Arms - Now Available from Steeda!

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Good looking part David. Is there a lockout of the factory camber adjustment slot (like your toe links)? How is the bushing on the Delrin side lubricated (or does it need to be)?
Kit needs a cam washer to stop the stock location from allowing any side to side movement at all. If Ecoblue has experienced the camber setting changing with use then something Preventing it from moving is a must.
Yes there are lockout plates included with this kit. I'll send some pics, just wanted to share the kit with you guys as we're very excited about it.

Also, the bushings will come lubricated.
Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
When will these be available

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Damn it...just when I thought I was done with my suspension upgrades.

Gotta hold off on the alignment...again.

Sponsored

juan_tony1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
ECO DIB TANG
Finally!!!

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
As always..... impressed!

Made in the USA too.

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
When will these be available
Ready to ship as we speak! Already sold several sets to customers wanting to really dial in their rear camber.

They are in stock now and ready to ship.
:)

Damn it...just when I thought I was done with my suspension upgrades.

Gotta hold off on the alignment...again.
'Done' - what does this mean? ;) :cheers:

Finally!!!
Have a set with your name on it! :D

As always..... impressed!

Made in the USA too.
Made in the USA, lifetime warranty, 10% lighter than stock, on-car adjustable - the list just keeps going! :)

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Looks awesome [MENTION=10893]David@Steeda[/MENTION]

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Looks awesome [MENTION=10893]David@Steeda[/MENTION]
Thanks! Lots of hard work went into this kit, over a year of development and testing :cheers:

Sponsored

stangbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
How much do the factory camber links weigh? And would these new links still work on a non lowered vehicle?

Last edited:
OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
How much do the factory camber links weigh? And would these new links still work on a non lowered vehicle?
It would absolutely still be beneficial on a non-lowered car! It depends on what your goal is but these do much more than just prevent uneven tire wear, you can build all sorts of rear grip into this car with our adjustable camber arms.

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Finally! Now I can actually get agressive with my setup at the track! Anyone else have their camber plates? You need more camber for road courses hpde's or autocrosses. Plus if you lowered this is a great and easy mod. The factory camber bolts can slip and move and frequently do. Very frustrating! Not to mention it'll be nice getting rid of more of those stupid factory bushings. Nice addition to the suspension package!:cheers:
Just as a note, watch how much front camber you run on these cars. More isn't always better. Caster is were the magic is :) The best way to tell where you should be is with your tire temps. I too went aggressive with my front camber and was loosing braking grip in the front, took a few tire temps and changed tire pressures to find out I was gaining a ton of camber during braking a cornering. Just a suggestion for thought on set-ups, not internet burn session fuel.

stangbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It would absolutely still be beneficial on a non-lowered car! It depends on what your goal is but these do much more than just prevent uneven tire wear, you can build all sorts of rear grip into this car with our adjustable camber arms.

My goal is to reduce as much weight from the vehicle as possible so the 10% lighter than factory caught my eye. My car will never be lowered but its also nice to have a camber link that is easier to adjust. I already have a few steeda products in my wishlist, and I might add this one as well :)

EcoBlue68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Impact Blue Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoBlue68 View Post
Finally! Now I can actually get agressive with my setup at the track! Anyone else have their camber plates? You need more camber for road courses hpde's or autocrosses. Plus if you lowered this is a great and easy mod. The factory camber bolts can slip and move and frequently do. Very frustrating! Not to mention it'll be nice getting rid of more of those stupid factory bushings. Nice addition to the suspension package!
Just as a note, watch how much front camber you run on these cars. More isn't always better. Caster is were the magic is The best way to tell where you should be is with your tire temps. I too went aggressive with my front camber and was loosing braking grip in the front, took a few tire temps and changed tire pressures to find out I was gaining a ton of camber during braking a cornering. Just a suggestion for thought on set-ups, not internet burn session fuel.
Today 11:22 AM
Tire temps are always king, testing always offers good perspective. However these cars come with a lot of front caster from the factory to overcome the lack of camber gain from the mcpherson strut front ends, compliance from big production tires and bushings in the front control arms. I've tested camber in increments of a 0.25 degrees all the way from -1 degrees to the -2.8 degrees I get with the Steeda camber plates. From what I've found on my car I simply get more front grip the more camber I put in the car. This has helped me a lot with the understeer that the car came with from the factory and even over did it a bit. But thats great because now we can build in more grip to the rear thanks to these camber arms!

Im sure the your ideal setup will change based on HPDE vs autocross days (much longer braking zones on real racetracks), but this is just where I've found the most grip. Tires, tire pressures, spring rates, overall roll angle will all change your static camber setup so its really going to change based on what you've done to your car.

Great input! Its always good to see what other people are doing and what they have found to work well!:thumbsup:
Sponsored