Can the nGauge be used with any tune ?
Sponsored

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Can the nGauge be used with any tune ?
IME, tuners ensure the nGauge is locked to your car, via the VIN & only uses their tune file format.
YMMV.

I've got a tuning story, I'm yet undecided whether to post.
But it's been a sh1t-show & involved some of the "names" in S550 tuning.

s1ms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
IME, tuners ensure the nGauge is locked to your car, via the VIN & only uses their tune file format.
YMMV.

I've got a tuning story, I'm yet undecided whether to post.
But it's been a sh1t-show & involved some of the "names" in S550 tuning.
do tell! I need some help with my tune and need to know everything.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Whoever you go with make sure you do the following:
1. Choose someone with a good reputation.
2. Ensure they data log the car before doing anything to establish a baseline and ensure there are no issues prior to doing any changes.
3. Make sure they explain the items they log so you can revive these yourself post tune and maybe once a yr after to ensure things are still good, no vac leaks, no knock etc.
4. Don’t be scared of choosing a US remote tuner and road logging. The big ones know mustangs very well.
5. Tell your tuner what you want. I spend 30 mins on the phone to Sean at AED first to explain that I wasn’t after a max effort 1/4 mile car and our roads in the U.K. are twisty etc. I was after a safe tune with a linear throttle response. No peddle commander effect etc.
6. Remember a tune gives more power by removing some of the factory safety margins. Coyotes respond very well to a little more timing advance. Monitor vacuum, knock, afr, during normal driving occasionally as it will alert you early if there are issues developing.
7. In the real world on the road, area under the curve is more important than absolute peak. You are also better off getting a nice smooth curve than something peaky. I say this with experience, a stock road manifold tuned well is actually nicer to drive on the road that a really high flowing manifold with longer runners. A basic tune on stock hardware gives epic results simply with more timing and removing the torque limits in the first 2 gears.
Sponsored

Last edited: