OP
FireHive

FireHive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
Mini Update:

The car is still under the irons. As we all know, Nobody developed mappings and an actual software for our car, so Lonnie got whatever SCT gave to him and basically built the entire program for our car. This, is of course very long and very tedious. He has been working on the trans tuning, which, as predicted, is the hardest part. He told me it's not where he wants it to be exactly, but the car is shifting basically as soon as you touch the paddles (whatever he is aiming for will chirp the hell out of the tires). Engine tuning ("fun" part) should commence whenever he gets the shift points/trans parameters dialed in to his liking.
Sponsored

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Mini Update:

The car is still under the irons. As we all know, Nobody developed mappings and an actual software for our car, so Lonnie got whatever SCT gave to him and basically built the entire program for our car. This, is of course very long and very tedious. He has been working on the trans tuning, which, as predicted, is the hardest part. He told me it's not where he wants it to be exactly, but the car is shifting basically as soon as you touch the paddles (whatever he is aiming for will chirp the hell out of the tires). Engine tuning ("fun" part) should commence whenever he gets the shift points/trans parameters dialed in to his liking.
Don't understand why he's having so much trouble, Torrie from Unleashed had something available for our cars very quickly and his tune works well.

OP
OP
FireHive

FireHive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
Well I don't really know what torrie did. As we all know, there is no program for our car so what I assume torrie did via remote tuning was advance ignition and maybe fix the afr. Lonnie literally built the entire program from scratch so that he could properly alter whatever he wanted to. Tuning is a very complicated procedures. What works on a car might not work on another one with the exact same mod. thats why I've always sworn to dyno tuning instead than caned tunes. With a dyno tune, you are 100% sure that what is going into your car is specifically made for your car and your car only.

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
How much longer is it going to be before we see your results?

OP
OP
FireHive

FireHive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
How much longer is it going to be before we see your results?
Sadly dont really have an answer to that...Along with being extremely busy ( he usually has around 4-6 projects going on at all times), understand that i am not a priority since i wont be back in the US till august. Tranny tuning seems to be 98% complete, which was the most difficult part. He reckons the engine will be somewhat challenging (again, he wrote the program from scratch bassically) but nowhere near as hard as the tranny tuning was.

Sponsored

Rocketboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush RS Magnetic Metallic
Hey FireHive,
I just picked up a set of PP calipers and will be doing the conversion in the next month. I want to get them cleaned up and powder coated. here the question. Was there any difference between the PP pack brake lines and mounting hardware? Also did you use the dust shields? I noticed the set I got does not come with the dust shields and the brake lines.
Hope ya get back soon to discover the difference in braking and power of your Stang.
Thanks

OP
OP
FireHive

FireHive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
As far as i know, there is no difference whatsoever, brake line wise as my set also did not come with them and i just used the ones that came stock. Mine did come with the dust shield and Lonnie did install them, i´m pretty sure they are relatively cheap if you just search them on Ford´s parts website. I actually did have the chance to test the brakes for like 5 minutes before leaving to Europe. The pedal is a lot firmer than stock and brake travel needed to actually get some bite is a lot shorter than stock. Everything i ever wanted :)

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Firehive,

What ever happened with tuning your car? we never heard anymore about it.

OP
OP
FireHive

FireHive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
Firehive,

What ever happened with tuning your car? we never heard anymore about it.
Yeaaahhhh, sorry about that... I haven't been on here too much since i cameback so i totally forgot to update everyone.

Car is a beast now. The biggest difference imo is the way he managed to get the trans tuning perfect. It literally shifts like if it was a double clutch all the time. Insanely fast.

The car also pulls and feels stronger throughout the entire rev range.As you can see from the graph, i went with a rather conservative tune because of personal choice. All tables were created by Lonnie himself :)
IMG_0073.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
FireHive

FireHive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
Sweet!!! How does it feel in sport/manual mode??
At its best. Shifts INSTANTLY regardless of the rpm range. Same goes for downshifts.

Rocketboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush RS Magnetic Metallic
Great to hear all went well. Do you know if they will be offering a tune? I have been checking their website on and off and nothing is ever mentioned. I am over in Cincinnati. Not far and could be if they want to pursue more improvement. You have a friend or relative that works there?

OP
OP
FireHive

FireHive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
Great to hear all went well. Do you know if they will be offering a tune? I have been checking their website on and off and nothing is ever mentioned. I am over in Cincinnati. Not far and could be if they want to pursue more improvement. You have a friend or relative that works there?
Glad you're interested.

Lonnie's tunes are one-off only. He tunes each car individually and never uses the same values. This is because our cars are incredibly complex machines and even two identically-moded cars with the same bolts on might react differently to a single tune. He makes sure that the paramaters that go into your car are the best possible for YOUR car and nobody else's.

He is usually quite busy (tunes a lot of race cars and high HP) so i would give him a call if you are actually interested :)

OP
OP
FireHive

FireHive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
Btw guys, i am selling my OEM brake calipers,rotors,shields,lines and pads.

Only the calipers and rotors brand new are $113 and $136 respectively individually, which tallies up to $500 total.

I am willing to sell everything (literally plug and play kit) for $300+ shipping.

All components have 5000 miles on. Basically brand new. One rotor has some slight oxidation from humidity, but it goes away as soon as you brake for the first time :)

Great for parts/ track days.
IMG_0085.JPG
IMG_0086.JPG
IMG_0088.JPG
IMG_0089.JPG
IMG_0090.JPG
Sponsored