Sponsored

Find a Car that compares to the Mustang at the same price game.

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Germany might have more parts available because the U.S. version still hasn't gotten a lot of the aftermarket parts yet. Stage 2 typically doesn't require an intercooler, in the VW world anyways. The Golf R won't win in a performance for dollar comparison, but that is where the Mustang has always dominated. I think they are just hitting a different demographic with the EB now also.

Typically looking at the trap speed will dictate how well cars will compete from a roll. 115 is about what stock and some bolt on GTs trap so they would be a good race. Now autobahn speeds should favor the GT but anything under 150 should be fairly close. What I really want to see is how a BT EB will compete from a roll. FFTECs 122 trap should be fun on the highway.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Glenn G

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
What I really want to see is how a BT EB will compete from a roll. FFTECs 122 trap should be fun on the highway.
Oh yes, I'm dying to see that too, Once the 'stang is off waranty (should only require a few hours to return to stock with the P1 kit if need arises) I plan on a built engine. looking at FFTEC and MAP threads closely:cheers:

Hellspawn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
If we are talking about great value, fun-to-drive cars, the 2015 GTI starts at $24,700.

Great handling (performance pack adds electronic LSD which essentially eliminates torque steer and understeer--much improved over pretty much any previous FWD), great steering, can be optioned under 3,000 lbs, very fun and fast shifting DSG available, lots of low-end torque, and on the stock turbo with bolt-ons, tires, and a canned 100-octane tune file this guy just ran a 12.018 at 112.8

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7224043-Official-1-4-Mile-Times-List/page2

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It's cool being able to turn up the boost, but 100 octane is pretty unrealistic and I wouldn't expect it to last very long at those levels. It's not a performance bargain if you don't get longevity or reliability and you have to fill up at the airport.

Hellspawn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
The boost he is running on race gas (simple canned tune by APR, huge well-known tuner) is very conservative, not unsafe by any means. Don't know about the airport part... my local gas station carries race gas.

And the same guy did 12.4 at 110 on pump gas with safe boost and a canned APR pump gas file.

GTIs are extremely underrated from the factory, by about 40hp, as dynos have shown, which is a decent amount when the cars weighs less than 3000lbs.

Sponsored

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
It's cool being able to turn up the boost, but 100 octane is pretty unrealistic and I wouldn't expect it to last very long at those levels. It's not a performance bargain if you don't get longevity or reliability and you have to fill up at the airport.
The 100 octane tune from APR is based off a 91/93 + Meth combo. Not unlike most boosted street cars.

Sturmler

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
what price range under / over the mustang price is considered "comparable"?

OP
OP
Glenn G

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
what price range under / over the mustang price is considered "comparable"?
+/- 3k I'd say is fair, Then I could add my map p1.5 kit in the equation

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible
From another thread. C&D has rankings of cars and I'll post where the Mustang Falls (75a), basically one of the best stock bang for the bucks there is. The other cars near it are all $70K+ cars like the Lexus RC-F (slower) and various BMW M models as well as top the line Merc's. I put the red line in to point out best bang for the buck and #2 out there is the new Z06 which is king.
1.jpg
Sponsored