Sponsored

Finally saw the 2015 Mustang!

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
If Magnetic is anything like Sterling Gray Metallic, it will hide dirt, scratches and swirlies very well. I think it's slightly darker than SGM though, so it may not be as effective.
SGM is lighter than magentic by a shade imo.
Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Have no issues with my 2014 DIB. I think it hides light dirt very well

DMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bet.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Black can't be THAT bad. This is my first black car, and boy oh boy does it look sexy on the S550. My performance white showed every speck of dust and dirt under the sun. My Race Red however, well you really cant tell unless the dirt or dust is of a darker color.

My boss has a black shelby and she washes it every monday and friday before she comes to work (drive thru pressure wash) and it looks good from tues - thurs.

It was either CO or Black for me on this one and I wasn't ballsy enough to buy CO without seeing one in person. A couple minuets a day making sure it stays clean is a small price to pay seeing that beautiful black.

Also, anybody who has owned a black car before, I am open to some tips of what to use to keep it clean.
----
Black isn't as bad as people make it! My 06 GT was black & people always thought it was a newer model because I kept it so damn clean. Of course it takes a lil more elbow grease to maintain but I didn't mind 1 bit as it was my first mustang. I bought it when I was 22 and hand washed it every weekend like guys did in the old days! Lol (I actually enjoy washing my cars personally, just put on Beats by Dre & go to work). Just make sure you use good products & you'll be fine with black paint! My decision was between Black / Ruby Red & I only chose Ruby because I wanted to try something new & felt Ruby Red paint looks sweet AF! :love:

stilesg57

Threads
Reaction score
DIB isn't silver, bright red or yellow, but it doesn't look terribly dark to me. Not as dark as the old Kona Blue from a couple years ago. Maybe I'm just trying to talk myself into it though and should just get Race Red :D

docprego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium Magnetic/Ebony
I have a close friend who only buys black cars. We've debated it about it for years. He's mental about keeping his cars clean. His cars always look as clean as a black car can, but they never stay looking like that for long. In a few days they just lose that luster that he is so proud to achieve. On top of that the swirl marks are very obvious. I would never buy a black car. just my opinion.

Sponsored

aspensilver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2006 MBenz SLK55 AMG - '97 BMW 540I - 2010 Audi S4
I guess it's down the Race Red then because I only really like Black, DIB, and RR. Good to hear RR might be good in hiding some of these 'imperfections' or dust

Magnetic15

Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Magnetic
SGM is lighter than magentic by a shade imo.
Negative. Magnetic is darker. I've compared them side by side. The metallic may sometimes make it appear that way but the underlying color is darker.

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Negative. Magnetic is darker. I've compared them side by side. The metallic may sometimes make it appear that way but the underlying color is darker.
Aren't you both saying the same thing? He's saying that Sterling Gray Metallic is a lighter shade than Magnetic. You are saying that Magnetic is darker than Sterling Gray Metallic. Seems like the same exact thing, worded oppositely.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Since this thread got derailed into a color discussion let me weigh in. Let me qualify this by saying I have only owned black white and silver cars. Black = impossible to keep clean but sexy immediately after cleaning. White is my security blanket, looks good with any color stripes or color accent. Magnetic is stunning and very similar to my G8 which is also called Magnetic and shows every scratch,swirl and speck of dust. DIB is also stunning and the only color that might sway me from white, I'm just concerned it's a bit too dark and therefore hard to clean. In the end color is a very personal choice and a very difficult one (at least for me) this time.

Ozymandias

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Kona Blue BBP
Thanks for the pics! I wonder why Ford would even bother with that rear spoiler. You almost can't see it. IMO the 2015 doesn't need one at all.

Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Aren't you both saying the same thing? He's saying that Sterling Gray Metallic is a lighter shade than Magnetic. You are saying that Magnetic is darker than Sterling Gray Metallic. Seems like the same exact thing, worded oppositely.

This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
Thanks for the pics! I wonder why Ford would even bother with that rear spoiler. You almost can't see it. IMO the 2015 doesn't need one at all.

I Agree, and Evidently Ford Agreed too, because Almost Every Mustang shown from the Launch didn't have a Spoiler, other than the Integrated Duck Tail Spoiler already designed into the Body. Adding a Spoiler on top of this Spoiler just Looks Out of Place to Me. I'm sure the Designers would rather Not have the Tacked On Spoiler Ruining the Purity of their design. I'm sure Marketing were the ones responsible for Adding it.

Johnnybear

Future Mustang owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Passat Wagon, Jeep Wrangler, 1979 Mustang
So I figured going to the Minnesota State fair where in the past they have brought the next model year cars and trucks at the Ford Booth. Well they brought the new F150 but not the Mustang! They did not even have a 2014 mustang. Very disappointing.

OP
OP
oj5OH

oj5OH

Threads
Reaction score