Sponsored

Finally Heard Ecoboost Active Exhaust and Saw Velocity Blue Today!

docprego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium Magnetic/Ebony
I've been eager to see Velocity Blue and hear the Ecoboost active exhaust. Today I was finally able to accomplish both. I went to see my Mustang salesman and ended up being shown a Velocity Blue Ecoboost. When we walked up to the car the salesman remote started it to demonstrate that feature. Immediately upon firing up I could tell that this was not the standard Ecoboost exhaust. By sheer luck it had the active exhaust which I have really been wanting to hear. I have to say it sounds great. Is it V8 levels of exhaust note? Of course not but it has its own unique sound that I enjoyed greatly. Attached is a short video I filmed. The difference between normal and sport is not very obvious in this clip but in person it was, however track sounds really aggressive and awesome IMO. At the end of the clip the salesman samples quiet mode and believe me you'll have to rewind several times to catch it, it's actually that quiet.

Overall I left very impressed by the exhaust and completely blown away by Velocity Blue which was gorgeous.

Attached are 2 photos of the car, the first is how my iPhone X rendered the blue which was far darker than it actually appears. So for the second photo I biased the exposure using the iPhone X until it looked much closer to the way the color actually appeared to my eye in person.

IMG_0318.jpg
IMG_0329.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Velocity blue looks great

OP
OP
docprego

docprego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's another video and some pics. In the last 2 pics Lightning Blue can be seen in the background next to an Ingot Silver Mustang to give somewhat of a comparison to Velocity Blue. My wife and I both thought Velocity was a lot nicer and brighter than Lightning. This brightness difference is visible in the pics.

IMG_0317.jpg
IMG_0318.jpg
IMG_0319.jpg
IMG_0320.jpg
IMG_0321.jpg
IMG_0322.jpg
IMG_0323.jpg
IMG_0324.jpg

OP
OP
docprego

docprego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And one final quick video:

Walt Kowalski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DonaldTrumpFan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT FB. 6M. Twister O. 2020 Conv GT 10A - MagnaRide, Twister O.
Thank you

Have you seen the 19 Green yet?

Sponsored

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
It's like grabber and lightning had a baby.

OP
OP
docprego

docprego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you

Not in the metal yet. My dealer says one is inbound.

My only issue with Need For Green is that it requires black interior on premium cars. I’m coming out of a black premium interior so I really want to switch it up.

Im thinking Velocity Blue with Midnight Blue with Grabber Blue Stitch interior could be quite a combo. I just haven’t seen this interior in person yet. Does anyone have this in their car and could post some pics? The only place I have seen this interior, is in one of Matt Maran‘s (my personal favorite YouTube car reviewer) reviews on YouTube. Go to 3:24 into the video where he shows it quite a few times:

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
How much $ for that velocity blue ?

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Sounds similar to the RS!

Sponsored

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Too many people measure the sound of the EcoBoost against the GT. Of course it sounds different...it's a different engine. For what it is, it sounds great IMO and I love the EcoBoost cars. I also love the new Velocity Blue. Though if Ford brings back Grabber Blue, I may be tempted to trade. That's my absolute favorite color by far. Had it on a 2010 GT and loved driving it. Just beautiful.

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
Thank you

I did see Need For Green up close, at the Dream Cruise last month...

an2h7bc.jpg

tMGHeAJ.jpg

And in comparison with Dark Highland Green:

PBSvR9R.jpg

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Too many people measure the sound of the EcoBoost against the GT. Of course it sounds different...it's a different engine. For what it is, it sounds great IMO and I love the EcoBoost cars. I also love the new Velocity Blue. Though if Ford brings back Grabber Blue, I may be tempted to trade. That's my absolute favorite color by far. Had it on a 2010 GT and loved driving it. Just beautiful.
Nah, Ford has a knack for making most of their turbocharged cars sound terrible. You can make a turbo inline four sound good in its own right, and not compared with a V8, but the Ecoboost engines just don't have it. If it sounded like an Evo with a catback, I'd give it thumbs up as those can sound downright mean. Sound is the number one reason I didn't buy an ecoboost, as I really liked the handling and the power was plenty. The sound doesn't match the look of the car. The MAPerformance big turbo car sounded pretty good, but that's a lot of mods to get that.

I've heard a few Ecoboost Mustangs with aftermarket catbacks in person and it didn't help. Buzzing, gutless sounds.

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
Nah, Ford has a knack for making most of their turbocharged cars sound terrible. You can make a turbo inline four sound good in its own right, and not compared with a V8, but the Ecoboost engines just don't have it. If it sounded like an Evo with a catback, I'd give it thumbs up as those can sound downright mean. Sound is the number one reason I didn't buy an ecoboost, as I really liked the handling and the power was plenty. The sound doesn't match the look of the car. The MAPerformance big turbo car sounded pretty good, but that's a lot of mods to get that.

I've heard a few Ecoboost Mustangs with aftermarket catbacks in person and it didn't help. Buzzing, gutless sounds.
So you’ve heard the 2019 Ecoboost with active exhaust in person, and it doesn’t sound any better than any catback you’ve heard?
Sponsored