Sponsored

Finally Heard Ecoboost Active Exhaust and Saw Velocity Blue Today!

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
Hard to tell from looking even. I too have been hoping to see the color IRL. Just rechecking you are saying the Velocity Blue is brighter than the Lightning Blue? Personally I'm looking at the GT for 2018 and maybe 2019 in Orange Fury or the bright Blues.
Sponsored

OP
OP
docprego

docprego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium Magnetic/Ebony
Hard to tell from looking even. I too have been hoping to see the color IRL. Just rechecking you are saying the Velocity Blue is brighter than the Lightning Blue? Personally I'm looking at the GT for 2018 and maybe 2019 in Orange Fury or the bright Blues.
Yes in person it definitely is, though it’s not an amazing increase, it’s subtle, my wife agreed. The funny thing is, once you walk away from Velocity Blue you can walk up to Lightning Blue and think one is the other. It’s only when viewed side by side that the differences are apparent. IMO both blues are excellent.

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
Good to know. While I'm waiting for that right one or great deal I'll check out my local dealers to see if any have the Velocity Blue. Everyone has their own thing about owning a Mustang, one of mine is if I'm going to have a 460 HP sports car the color will be a bit in-your-face. I've had a lifetime of metallic gray, white, red, metallic dark green and some many already have red. ;)

OP
OP
docprego

docprego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good to know. While I'm waiting for that right one or great deal I'll check out my local dealers to see if any have the Velocity Blue. Everyone has their own thing about owning a Mustang, one of mine is if I'm going to have a 460 HP sports car the color will be a bit in-your-face. I've had a lifetime of metallic gray, white, red, metallic dark green and some many already have red. ;)
I'm the same way and for that reason I have eliminated Velocity Blue, though I do like it. Compared to Need For Green and Orange Fury Velocity Blue is tame. That's why NFG and OF are now battling to paint my car.

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
its brighter, and also different. maybe a little closer to a pearl than metallic. its amazing in person, and pictures dont quite seem to capture the color very well for some reason. angle a lighting changes it significantly. personally, i think its way better than lightning blue. i'd highly recommend finding one to see in person if possible.

this picture seems to be the closest to capturing it in full sun.
IMG_3259.JPG

This one was taken by me. the picture looks just a little darker.
IMG_3327.JPG

Sponsored

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
Way better? Still fond of LB myself.

full.jpg
well, better for me anyway. I like LB too, and had planned to buy it until i found out that it was gone for the 2019s. Worked out well for me though, because i do like the VB even more than i liked the LB.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
How much $ for that velocity blue ?
Just checked the Ford site. No extra cost. Didn't expect that since its a pearl paint.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I did see Need For Green up close, at the Dream Cruise last month...

an2h7bc.jpg
Jim: Remember when our supplier sent us Super Snake stripes instead of LeMans?

Factory Manager: Yeah, plus they were too wide to even use as Super Snake stripes on the current model.

Jim: Just had a great idea...........

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
I need to see it in person. Online pics just look too much like a LB car. I hope 2020 brings back Grabber Blue and then I can get a new car with all the new toys. But I can't imagine not having GB on a Mustang.

Sponsored

JmalB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Dodge NSRT-4, 2015 Mustang GT PP
When I test drove a 16 EB before buying my 16 V6, my disappointment sound-wise was that I'd hoped to hear a lot of turbo sound. Years ago, my brother in law had a Neon SRT4 Stage II, and under acceleration it was fairly loud combination of husky 4 and a lot of turbo, with pop-off whistle. Sounded good enough to want to get on it just for that. I'd hoped the EB would sound that way. The V-6 I drove after (and bought) sounded really good and actually felt as powerful and quick as the EB. Of course, having the 051a helped with appearance, 18s and premium drivers' seat helped experience, and 3.55 gears made it quick off the line. To be fair, there is only 10? hp difference, and low gearing equalized the torque feel.

I saw (heard) a Ford ad about the new EB exhaust, and it sounded pretty good. The OPs video (thanks for sharing that :thumbsup:) definitely has some nice turbo sound. IMHO it has improved a lot, and to truly assess it would have to be heard in person from outside and more importantly from behind the wheel. Of course it sounds different from a Coyote or Voodoo, and I've heard aftermarket exhausts that make even V-8s sound blatty.

Thanks for sharing that and the new color!
Funny you should mention the NSRT-4. The new EB active exhaust sounds a bit like my NSRT-4 with the cutout open. Less turbo noise but close.

OP
OP
docprego

docprego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another active exhaust demonstration video. I did not have anything to do with the production of it, just sharing another active exhaust demo.

I'm really liking this new active exhaust. Does it sound like the GT, no way. But now the Ecoboost sounds like a sports car. That's a huge difference from my '16 Ecoboost which I swear has absolutely 0 decibels of exhaust note.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
I like the active exhaust as well. Wish I had it on my new 2018 ecoboost.....

Damonfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost
My 22 EB sounds much better than my 20 EB did. Kind of wish I had active exhaust though.