Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Order direct from Femco.

I have one for my F150, but am waiting for the next oil change. I'll point out that I am replacing a Ronin, only because I like the design of the Femco better as it has the locking tabs like the factory plug. Beyond that, I have had no issues with the function of the Ronin and it's saved plenty of aggravation and mess.
Sponsored

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Nice! It looks solid - how does it feel quality wise? Could you tell me where you purchased it? I need one!
I purchased direct through Femco, it feels very heavy duty for sure. Seems to be of great quality.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Got the Femco plug installed this weekend. Went in without issue and locked into place just like the OE plug. Nothing adverse to report đź‘Ť.

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Got the Femco plug installed this weekend. Went in without issue and locked into place just like the OE plug. Nothing adverse to report đź‘Ť.
Thank you - mine is on the shelf ready to go once I can get the car out 👍🏻

Sponsored

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
Someone tell me if I’m an idiot (wholeheartedly possible and probable), but I’m having a bear of a time installing mine. I’m unsure how hard I need to actually try to turn it on. It’s getting in to the grooves on the end, but I can’t get the retaining clips down onto the pan.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Someone tell me if I’m an idiot (wholeheartedly possible and probable), but I’m having a bear of a time installing mine. I’m unsure how hard I need to actually try to turn it on. It’s getting in to the grooves on the end, but I can’t get the retaining clips down onto the pan.
Mine took quite a bit of effort to seat in place. The good news is, once in place it should never need to come out.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Yeah, they're tough to get on by hand. There are wrench flats on them, and I had to use a big crescent wrench to gently finish getting it into place on my truck. Of course, the front sway bar is conveniently in the way too.

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
Mine took quite a bit of effort to seat in place. The good news is, once in place it should never need to come out.
Yeah, they're tough to get on by hand. There are wrench flats on them, and I had to use a big crescent wrench to gently finish getting it into place on my truck. Of course, the front sway bar is conveniently in the way too.
Both of these comments make me feel better. I noticed the wrench flats, just wasn't sure how much force I needed to be using. Guess I'm throwing it on a friend's lift next time I change the oil and will finally get it installed.

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
I'd like to pitch in again with my FEMCO plug after getting mine installed!

As I wrote earlier I wouldn't get mine installed before oil change here in September 2022 - it has been done!

It was a easy plug and play! As others have stated - Yes it is a snug fit and I had to use a wrench to make it go into place. I'm pretty sure it will stay there!
The fitment of the plug has also made me reconsider the idea of removing the plug when draining oil to get the last few drops out. I just don't want to risk the plug being leaky if the O-ring has been set for a year and will leak if removed and reinstalled. Also - the last few drops doesn't make a difference compared to the 9.5L required for the oil change.

Also I've dropped the idea of a magnet glued to the plug

Already looking forward to a easier and less messy oil change next time :like:

This is the Silicone tube that I bought and used - I wanted it to be clear and be able to handle higher temperature since I like to change easy flowing oil :crackup:

Now we just need a smart way to do the filter since it is dumb as hell that it is near impossible not getting oil on other parts of the car...

EDIT: an update of 15th of November 2022
I just tucked the car away for winter and checked up on the plug. I didn't fear the cap would unscrew itself - that would kinda make bad rep for the company but now I can confirm of experience that it hasn't moved at all :like:
2021-04-30 14.47.04.jpg

2022-09-19 11.02.08.jpg
2022-09-19 11.02.21.jpg
2022-09-21 20.05.05.jpg
2022-09-21 20.05.14.jpg

Last edited:

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
In response to my post nearly a year ago I got to do my first oil change with the Femco plug and I gotta say... that is probably the best $70 I've spend on any car parts... that oil change was a breeze and worked like a charm

As stated earlier - I bought a clear silicone tube for the draining. A kevlar hose will be sufficient but I like to be able to see the flow. This I can only recommend but as you drain it hot you should make sure that it is heat resistant silicone tubing.

Just to make a statement to the discussion about that the drain plug will leave som oil in the pan, I decided to take out the Femco plug to see if there was any oil left.
IMG20230914175806.jpg

This is the amount of oil that I was able to drain when I removed the Femco plug. It was measured at 40ml

My opinion is that compared to a 9½L oil change and the remaining oil around in the system and the pan, then it won't make any difference. Maybe if you're tracking the car and are worried of metal shavings in the bottom of the pan, but I will not be taking it out again for the next oil change.
Sponsored