Finally did it...

Mayberry

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 500, 2021 F350 King Ranch
Well after months of back and forth, and a LOT of DM's with several Forum members; I finally secured my Shelby GT 500!

A little back-story first before the details.

In March I started really getting the fever for one of these cars. I had spent hours upon hours watching videos and learning about the car. I called around to several dealers and eventually put my name on a Stock order at a local dealership at MSRP. At the same time I was inquiring with Shelby American regarding a Signature Edition build. I sent SA a deposit at the same time I committed to the car, and it was to drop ship directly to Shelby American in Las Vegas when built. I then started digging more into the forum and found a HUGE build thread on a SA Widebody build. I eventually reached out to @Jmeo for some insight to his build, and very quickly became friends with a common bond. Well, the chaos that commenced with the chip shortage kept pushing the build date of my car until I was eventually was told by the dealer in early June not to expect the car to get built. At the urging of Jaime to start looking anywhere and everywhere for a car, I spent an enormous time on the internet locating possibilities. The real chaos began as I started trying to actually buy a car. I literally was committed to buy 5 different cars over a period of 45 days, with all type of things that caused the various deals to fall apart. I went from used cars to new cars; from 2020 to 2021; Iconic Silver to Carbonized Grey to Velocity Blue; base cars to CFTP cars with painted stripes and everything in between!
Well, two weeks ago the search came to an end as I purchased a 2021 Ford Performance Blue with white vinyl stripes "Base" car. The car has the Tech Package and vinyl Stripes, but nothing more. The fact is, with the car as the canvas for the Signature Edition build, it is absolutely perfect! There will be many little touches that I will do (painted stripes, CF wing, Recaros, Carbon Instrument Panel) that will make this car a very different end product. The suspension changes SA does negated the need for the Handling Package. ( I can get the winglets and the catch can. In fact, I have been collecting parts for months for a car I did not own!)

The car was picked up last night at the selling dealership in Jackson Mississippi, and is now headed across the country to Las Vegas. Rumor has it that there is a FPB GT 500 SE that is about to be leaving SA, and this car will roll in just in time to take its place. This car will be CSM # 0039, and will share a lot of the creative ideas that came from its older cousin.

Thanks to all who have talked back and forth with me, and thanks especially to Jaime who has been a ton of help, but more importantly a lot of moral support through the process.

I am very excited to join the Forum Family as an owner. Let the fun begin!
Sponsored

koldrid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT500
Congratulations, went through a similar search but pulled the trigger on a used 2020 Base with the Tech Package and under 1k miles for under the original MSRP in this current market. Had the car inspected by Ford and looked up its service history which only consisted of a oil change at 500 miles. Can't wait to hear more about your ride when you get it.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I am so happy for you James. A lot of hard work and stress was endured, but you finally did it. I am excited to watch you have your time, and see what you come up with. Good times my friend!

Vics Shelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500 2020 Ford Fusion 2011 Ford Focus
Nice thats the same car I settled on but mines not going to Shelby American I really like my new Shelby its the car dreams are made of it never ceases to amaze me! Yours should be even more awesome congratulations!

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2022 Shelby SSS, 2023 Raptor R
Congratulations James! I know you will be very happy where you landed, especially after the hard work you put into this. SA will treat you well!

RR

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mayberry

Mayberry

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Nice thats the same car I settled on but mines not going to Shelby American I really like my new Shelby its the car dreams are made of it never ceases to amaze me! Yours should be even more awesome congratulations!
Congratulations on yours!
At least you are getting to drive and experience yours...

OP
OP
Mayberry

Mayberry

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Congratulations James! I know you will be very happy where you landed, especially after the hard work you put into this. SA will treat you well!

RR
Ron, Thanks for all of your help and advice. Much appreciated.
Sponsored