Sponsored

Finally, a Car and Driver review of V6

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
That's because no one has tried to do it and there have been people on this forum to get into the 13's stock. It is as fast in stock form actually american muscle raced the two stock and the v6 won. I'm not saying the v6 is better I'm saying stock for stock the ecoboost does not perform better in the quarter mile regardless of the extra hp and torque.
You mean the test where the EB still ran a faster time that night than the V6? Way to cherry pick results to prove a "point".
Sponsored

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
The v6 is better - in price.
The eco is better - in options.
Everything else is pretty negligible, w/ the nod going to the eco.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
There was one this week.....it got locked and deleted. I see your in wilmington. I'll give you the opportunity to prove that statement above if you like. I work at the refinery so it wouldn't be an issue to meet at Cecil. I live about a half hour from Atco if you prefer a nicer track and we can test your theory of tuned EBs beating GTs. My car is bone stock for another week or two. Automatic 3.55 gear car. To heck with bench racing, let's do some real racing! Now as far as this thread is concerned however. I believe,totally stock. The v6 vs. the 4 banger is a drivers race. Modded S197 v6s have done very well at the drag strip. The 4 banger has more potential unless someone is willing to spend an ungodly amount of money on their v6.
You are wasting your time on here, believe me.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
LOL oh I know. But you'd think they'd jump at the chance to prove it if they actually believed what they were typing. Same old story. One guy on the interwebs did it so everyone can.;)

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
There was one this week.....it got locked and deleted. I see your in wilmington. I'll give you the opportunity to prove that statement above if you like. I work at the refinery so it wouldn't be an issue to meet at Cecil. I live about a half hour from Atco if you prefer a nicer track and we can test your theory of tuned EBs beating GTs. My car is bone stock for another week or two. Automatic 3.55 gear car. To heck with bench racing, let's do some real racing! Now as far as this thread is concerned however. I believe,totally stock. The v6 vs. the 4 banger is a drivers race. Modded S197 v6s have done very well at the drag strip. The 4 banger has more potential unless someone is willing to spend an ungodly amount of money on their v6.
LOL guy upgrades from his V6 to a GT and now wants to go on the internet and call ppl out. Aren't you a G. I've been to Cecil a couple times before I was tuned. As you can see in my sig there are a couple things I want before I go back so I guess you'll have to wait.

In the mean time it sounds like you haven't figured out where the drag strip section is yet. Or are you saying that running 12.7s and 12.8s in the Eco isn't good enough to beat the GT?

Sponsored

Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
Every post where the EB is even mentioned seems to go like this... :doh:

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Every post where the EB is even mentioned seems to go like this... :doh:

Well you won't find the V6 being mentioned at all in postings in the Eco section

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Umm, not really. Maybe you need to re-read it. What I said was purely factual from a data point. Maybe you were reading too much into it....
You state that you did not intend to start a V6 vs EB discussion and yet the conclusion of your post was a comparison of V6 vs EB. I don't see what else you could have thought the thread would end up discussing

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
LOL guy upgrades from his V6 to a GT and now wants to go on the internet and call ppl out. Aren't you a G. I've been to Cecil a couple times before I was tuned. As you can see in my sig there are a couple things I want before I go back so I guess you'll have to wait.

In the mean time it sounds like you haven't figured out where the drag strip section is yet. Or are you saying that running 12.7s and 12.8s in the Eco isn't good enough to beat the GT?
LoL. And another internet racer goes down in flames! Sometimes you either have to put up or shut up. And I still have the v6 it runs the same 13.8s that you do. The OP didn't have to make the v6 to 4 banger comparison. Car & Driver didn't for him!:p

Last edited:

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maggie, beautiful ´15 Cyclone Mustang 51A Magnetic
Ecoswag, if you love your EB so much, why dont you just go drive it more, and let people alone on the V6 thread... Get a life, really, this is getting old !

Sponsored

Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
Well you won't find the V6 being mentioned at all in postings in the Eco section
You're right... because most of us V6 guys don't care to repeatedly argue the same points in another engines forum any chance we get :headbonk:.

I'm not trying to start an argument
Ok, so why does an argument ensue every time you post in this forum...?

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Ecoswag, if you love your EB so much, why dont you just go drive it more, and let people alone on the V6 thread... Get a life, really, this is getting old !
You're right... because most of us V6 guys don't care to repeatedly argue the same points in another engines forum any chance we get :headbonk:.

Ok, so why does an argument ensue every time you post in this forum...?
Lol
0656e21764b089250ed110fae94787a42b23e2ce3d6c175063f668d93bf4f284.jpg

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Not but hurt here. Just really disappointed in you for not even trying to back up the endless chirping you do about tuned EBs. :tsk:

Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang