Final 3 Exhaust Options

nappynick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
'16 Oxford White GT PP
Looking for some help. I've been doing a lot of reading and homework on an exhaust system for my GT. So far I've put on the FRPP XPipe and of course its not enough. So I have been in the hunt for an exhaust. I'm looking at (in this order)

1. Corsa Xtreme. (or axle back sport since I have a xpipe on)
2. Solo Street Race Mach XV
3. Ford Borla Sport

The mustang world is completely new to me. Just wanted to look for you guys' input. Thanks.
Sponsored

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
There are already 100's of what's the best exhaust threads. In the end there's no wrong, just different opinions.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
It all depends on the type of sound you prefer. I know that numbers 1 and 3 on your list are higher pitched with rasp (which I love).

I'm running the Ford Borla Sport catback and it is perfect!

abuch91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Get the Corsa and never look back.

Sponsored

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
Went to the barber Friday, another customer was going as well and following behind me...when I got into the barber, he asked me what kind of exhaust I had and had other questions about it.

He said some mustangs sound really good and others don't. The sound was perfect in his opinion.

What exhaust do I have?

Corsa Xtreme! Just one of many compliments I have received.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
yep, its really up to the sound that you like , and once you put it on, you may not like it lol

nature of exhaust

OP
OP

nappynick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
'16 Oxford White GT PP
How would the corsa sport axle back sound with the frpp xpipe. That's another option I'm looking at

abuch91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
How would the corsa sport axle back sound with the frpp xpipe. That's another option I'm looking at
IMO go with Corsa's catback system. Their double X pipe produces a sound that is truly unmatched, and their anti-drone mufflers are incredible.

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
I have the Ford Racing/Borla Sport cat back and can tell you I love mine. I won't speak for the others as it simply is a matter of personal preference. What I love about mine:
  • no drone at any RPM or speed
  • if you are easy on the pedal it can be fairly quiet (if you are really trying to be) which makes it nice for the neighbors on late nights
  • when you are more aggressive with the pedal it gets louder and louder (can be heard from inside house on highway which is apprx 1/4 mile away; someone following you in another car with their windows up can easily hear the exhaust under normal driving and shifting at 2000-2500 RPM)
TIP: Find yourself a good set of headphones and get on youtube to review exhausts. There is night and day difference in the sound quality when you use headphones.

Sponsored
OP
OP

nappynick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
'16 Oxford White GT PP
I have the Ford Racing/Borla Sport cat back and can tell you I love mine. I won't speak for the others as it simply is a matter of personal preference. What I love about mine:
  • no drone at any RPM or speed
  • if you are easy on the pedal it can be fairly quiet (if you are really trying to be) which makes it nice for the neighbors on late nights
  • when you are more aggressive with the pedal it gets louder and louder (can be heard from inside house on highway which is apprx 1/4 mile away; someone following you in another car with their windows up can easily hear the exhaust under normal driving and shifting at 2000-2500 RPM)
TIP: Find yourself a good set of headphones and get on youtube to review exhausts. There is night and day difference in the sound quality when you use headphones.
Yea I have been on there. Its tough to pick one..

svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
just ordered sw h pipe cb to go with my sp headers. my borla 3in ataks are for sale. very cheap

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
I got the Roush Ab, res delete with H-Pipe, sounds loud at Wot but you have to really listen to hear the exhaust at cruising speed, its a perfect sound for me with plenty of volume when going Wot and its quiet when cruising, and even die hard chevy fans ask me what the heck I did to my mustang to make it sound so good!!! But each to their own, everybody has a different taste in sound, but mine gets complimented alot

Hinds90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I'm thinking about the solo axle back. When I got my car I told myself I wasn't getting a exhaust but as far back as I can remember even though this is my first mustang I always thought they sound the best. Saying that to say the stock exhaust just doesn't do it for me.

Main reason for solo is the deep sound and no rasp.
Sponsored