Sponsored

Filed a case with Ford Customer service!

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I have had a plethora of problems with this car over my 3 years of ownership. Two weeks ago I took my car in to have a leak looked at around the Harmonic damper and lower timing chain cover. They said it was a bad water pump and replaced it.

Last night I popped the hood and found the damper completely saturated again. It looks and smells like oil not coolant. I went ahead and contacted Ford to have a case number for my dealership to acknowledge. I am tired of taking this thing in and maybe getting the managers attention might get this thing fixed. Time to be a dik!
Sponsored

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Probably the crank seal behind the harmonic balancer.

OP
OP

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Probably the crank seal behind the harmonic balancer.

I think you are exactly right. They should have seen that when replacing the water pump. Just shoddy work ethic at this dealer and thats why I contacted Ford.

My gut is telling me my crankshaft is walking. At 1500rpms in neutral the car starts to shake. Ontop of that if I hold the throttle steady and push in the clutch the pedal vibrates bad and the rpms drop as if i took my foot off the gas. I read that is a symptom of crank walk.

OP
OP

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
You were right Anthony. Replacing front main seal and balancer bolt. This car man I swear.

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Hopefully it's over
Sponsored