Fiesr Mach 1 Fog Lights added

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
Nice pictures. Yes I believed the lights attach to the grill and the surround or structure do not do much to support them.

@sakman84 I like the view. The only way I know how to know for sure it to remove the grill and the inserts. One would imagine that if it was as simple as using previous model lights and brackets that Ford would offer a kit seeing as I would imagine back stock or even parts are still being produced. Starkey has a nice option for the harness with fog light switch.
indeed, its going to take one braver than I to remove the grille and more parts ect.

yes I see you recognized where I got the first pictures from Starkey.
https://www.starkey-products.com/2013-mustang-gt-led-fog-light-kit-v6-boss-302

Link has install guide for 2014.
Sponsored

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
To install Diode Dynamics marker lights/turn signals. Also checking the feasibility of an air catcher system like my Challenger had.
Paxton,

Please tell me you are keeping notes on your build, BTW keep me posted on those Continentals. Thanks.

Sponsored

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
@PBM457, that shiny black supporting rod that sits diagonal behind the fog lamp hole, do you think that will block us from inserting a light there? The light has a concave backing and a large heat sink attached to it protruding to the rear...

Also do you know if it is possible just to remove the grille insert itself, or is this an entire bumper job a shown in your photos?

Thanks

1643989193437.png

PBM457

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paxton
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ford F-250 Tremor , Mach 1 #2510
@PBM457, that shiny black supporting rod that sits diagonal behind the fog lamp hole, do you think that will block us from inserting a light there? The light has a concave backing and a large heat sink attached to it protruding to the rear...

Also do you know if it is possible just to remove the grille insert itself, or is this an entire bumper job a shown in your photos?

Thanks

1643989193437.png
I don’t think there’s enough room between the diagonal bars and the light assembly with the heat sink. From memory the bar sits pretty close to the grille. Do you have measurements of the light assembly? That would help me give you a better answer.

If you are referring to the blockout panels where you want to put the lights, yes you can remove those without taking off the front bumper. I felt more comfortable removing the front bumper. Here’s a link.

crzystang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MATT
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT, 2021 MACH 1
@PBM457
If you still have it off. What does the back side of the grill look like?
Also on the DD side. What lights did you go with. I am intrigued by the elite combo lights.

PBM457

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paxton
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ford F-250 Tremor , Mach 1 #2510
@PBM457
If you still have it off. What does the back side of the grill look like?
Also on the DD side. What lights did you go with. I am intrigued by the elite combo lights.
No, I put it back on as soon as I installed the lights. I didn’t pay attention to the back side of the grille sorry. I was focused on the block off plates. These are the lights I went with.

3F605C84-7CF7-4004-9EF5-188CE23E74F5.jpeg

Tmpst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 21 Exploder ST, 00 Excursion v10
Nice pictures. Yes I believed the lights attach to the grill and the surround or structure do not do much to support them.

@sakman84 I like the view. The only way I know how to know for sure it to remove the grill and the inserts. One would imagine that if it was as simple as using previous model lights and brackets that Ford would offer a kit seeing as I would imagine back stock or even parts are still being produced. Starkey has a nice option for the harness with fog light switch.

so I was doing some googling and found car #10 that Dream Giveaway has in a raffle. Their engineer mocked up a set of fogs and it's all functional with the Starkey wiring harness and switch. Oddly the Starkey tech said they had to use the 15-17 V6 wiring harness for it to work properly (also said that it can be ordered without the switch if you wanted to source the OEM switch, then they'd work with you on mating it and programing so it functions with all the dash lights n stuff like OEM). Still waiting to hear back from Dream Giveaway on what light and how they mounted it. They did say before that they modified the opening, but waiting to hear what they did. Hopefully this also helps.

Here's the link to the car Dream Giveaway Garage

Last edited:

Sponsored

crzystang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MATT
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT, 2021 MACH 1
so I was doing some googling and found car #10 that Dream Giveaway has in a raffle. Their engineer mocked up a set of fogs and it's all functional with the Starkey wiring harness and switch. Oddly the Starkey tech said they had to use the 15-17 V6 wiring harness for it to work properly (also said that it can be ordered without the switch if you wanted to source the OEM switch, then they'd work with you on mating it and programing so it functions with all the dash lights n stuff like OEM). Still waiting to hear back from Dream Giveaway on what light and how they mounted it. They did say before that they modified the opening, but waiting to hear what they did. Hopefully this also helps.

Here's the link to the car Dream Giveaway Garage
Thanks for the info!
In other articles you can see that car from the front, the lights they chose don’t fit well. Honestly that’s the look I am not going for. However the harness and use of the OEM button that is used in the article I can dig!

Tmpst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 21 Exploder ST, 00 Excursion v10
Thanks for the info!
In other articles you can see that car from the front, the lights they chose don’t fit well. Honestly that’s the look I am not going for. However the harness and use of the OEM button that is used in the article I can dig!
that was my take as well. I’d rather get a flush mount, and just find out what they did based on that specific light. That way I can adjust based on what was already done. I personally like the LED ss3’s from Diode.

aerok

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Premium Tremec 3160 Torsen 3.73 Diff
Hi everybody

Does anyone found a fog light for Mach 1 yet?
I was looking to fill up the space at the grille or to use something like the kit shown by CJ

but I believe the later is now unavailable

LateApex1188

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1
No, I put it back on as soon as I installed the lights. I didn’t pay attention to the back side of the grille sorry. I was focused on the block off plates. These are the lights I went with.

3F605C84-7CF7-4004-9EF5-188CE23E74F5.jpeg
Did you have any issues installing them? The Diode Dynamics site said they don’t fit the Mach 1.

IanKar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Mustang Mach1 HP A10; 22 Shelby GT500 HP
I hope these pictures are of help for your fog light quest. If not, sorry for cluttering the thread.

B0804294-AFB6-4D28-B6A7-509EBC4645CF.jpeg

87077FBD-810C-43F8-A572-A0FFBFD37528.jpeg

3AE3BC4E-B1B8-4E27-A3D9-B7C7E5DCBA3F.jpeg

AF13459F-BADA-40A2-9C3D-DABEBE6BA6EB.jpeg
I want to remove my front bumper on my Mach1 HP. Want to put mesh in the fog light area. Does one have to remove any plastics fasteners on the undercarriage or it's a matter of a few bolts?
Sponsored