OP
OP
Acer1

Acer1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Mustang
This drove me crazy too, nice fix and looks good. Will be rattle canning today.
Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Ask and you shall receive... BEHOLD!

Very subtle change, but looks infinitely better then seeing the silver mufflers behind the black chrome tips.
Looks good. May I suggest a black license plate surround to complete the look. Our Illinois plates are too bright and ugly and a surround hides the bare white edges and looks more finished.

Did you do the whole muffler or just the back face of each? Thanks. :)

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Yeah, I've been meaning to do something about that freakin' plate.

I did the whole muffler and the pipe back to the clamps. Two cans should take care of both. Took about an hour or so including dry time.

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Yeah, I've been meaning to do something about that freakin' plate.

I did the whole muffler and the pipe back to the clamps. Two cans should take care of both. Took about an hour or so including dry time.
Nicely done, Vile.

I also have the FRPP touring cat backs with black tips, and I too painted the mufflers black. Didn't like seeing the silver metal when looking at the exhaust.

And may I offer a recommendation on a nice license plate frame? I'm running the below frame from Weather Tech on both the front and back. They're holding up well, and I think they look really clean. If I remember right, they're about $14 bucks.
Plate_Frame_Silver_Car1.JPG

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
What is happening with the virtual exhaust sound produced by the audio system once you change catback or axleback?

Sponsored

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Nicely done, Vile.

I also have the FRPP touring cat backs with black tips, and I too painted the mufflers black. Didn't like seeing the silver metal when looking at the exhaust.

And may I offer a recommendation on a nice license plate frame? I'm running the below frame from Weather Tech on both the front and back. They're holding up well, and I think they look really clean. If I remember right, they're about $14 bucks.
Hmm, I'll check to see if they offer a plate in matte black. It would do wonders for that bright IL plate back there.

What is happening with the virtual exhaust sound produced by the audio system once you change catback or axleback?
No virtual exhaust sound on the GT, that's an Ecoboost thing. Not sure what effect, if any, adding an exhaust would have on that car. If I added an aftermarket catback to an EcoStang, I would probably try to disable the faux exhaust sound.

JRuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
This is what I'm looking for in an exhaust also. Dealership recommend Roush axle backs, but I think the Ford Racing touring is the way to go. Did you do the black tips? Thanks for the review.
I just removed the Roush Axle Backs Way too loud for me, Obnoxious loud at times!
UPS is due to drop off the Ford Racing Touring tomorrow.

JRuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
After installing the FRPP Touring exhaust I'm finally happy with my exhaust system. Just enough louder then stock but not obnoxious like the Roush. Also no resonance in 1500-2000 RPM range like the Roush had. Really nice deep sound and fairly aggressive under heavy acceleration. This is the muffler that should come stock from the factory.
Sponsored

Last edited: