Sponsored

FFRP Touring Exhaust

Acer1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Mustang
First off I want to thank Jay from Hypermotive for all his help on my purchase. Hypermotive provided me the best price, great customer service, super fast shipping and great communication. :headbang: I highly recommend them for anyone looking for an exhaust system.

On to the exhaust. I wanted something that had a deep tone and sounded like a muscle car. I listened to countless videos and tried to decide based on hours and hours of research done on here and on youtube. First off let me say from my experience that the videos do not do this exhaust any justice whatsoever. Nothing I have heard online even comes close. The exhaust has a very nice deep tone at idle. It sounds very good through the gears as well. I can also hear it going down the highway at 70mph, but it is just a light grumble. Just enough to let you know that you are sitting on 435HP and it is ready and willing when you are. As far as drone goes, I don't know if it has it or not, all I know is that nothing about it sound unpleasant to me in any gear or at any speed or RPM. The best description I have heard about this exhaust was tone in the CJ pony video, " this is how a stock Mustang should sound". I can't put it any better than that. This is what the car should sound like from the factory.

With the factory exhaust when cruising through town I could not hear anything. It was like I was driving around in a fusion. Now there is just the slightest bit of grumble while cruising. I feel like I am really driving a muscle car now. When cruising with the factory exhaust I rarely got noticed. Tonight I had people pointing and saying look at that new Mustang etc.... It was great! Is it louder than stock? Yes it is, but for me it is just the right amount. I can't really describe how much louder but I can say this, it just sounds right for the guy who wants a Mustang that growls. It is not the sound of hey everybody and their brother lets race, but the intimidating growl of yeah I have power so tread lightly. I would post a video of the exhaust but like I said before it would not do this exhaust system justice, the videos do not even come close to how it really sounds.

The installation was a breeze. I did it in my garage with a jack and jack stands by myself in less than an hour. Again this is just my opinion and I hope it helps some of those out there having a hard time picking. If anyone is in Ohio and would like to hear it first hand just shoot me a PM.
Sponsored

BaltoBoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT-PP /2007 S2000
This is what I'm looking for in an exhaust also. Dealership recommend Roush axle backs, but I think the Ford Racing touring is the way to go. Did you do the black tips? Thanks for the review.

Boilator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Ingot Silver w/Red interior (Navi, GT PP
OP, I know exactly what yo are saying and agree the FFRP touring exhaust gives you what you want; I know because it's what I have on my car too.

Balt, if you live close to Raleigh PM me. You and I have the exact set up and I do have the black tips.

Shane

Turrizm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Congrats. Yea I went from Gibson, to Ford Touring to the Roush Axlebacks and have settled on the Roush system but I agree the Ford Touring sound exactly like the car should have come from the factory. You may have ran across a video I posted when I had the Ford Racing Touring exhaust. I believe it was the first customer video (guard green gt). Glad you like the exhaust...

If it starts to feel to quiet for you, the next step up is the Roush which is perfect now :) hehe

Sponsored

OP
OP
Acer1

Acer1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Mustang
This is what I'm looking for in an exhaust also. Dealership recommend Roush axle backs, but I think the Ford Racing touring is the way to go. Did you do the black tips? Thanks for the review.
I did do the black tips, they look pretty good.

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone experience with the Ecoboost version?
It will not make a muscle car out of it but hope it will bring the sound a bit closer to a V8 (which is taxwise -Co² emissions- unfortuneatly not affordable in most Euro countries)
Biggest challenge is to get it to Europe without crazy freight charges...

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Thanks again! And awesome review of the exhaust! Glad we could help:)

Nitro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
I just installed the FRPP Touring a couple weekends ago. I agree that it does sound fantastic. It is 2 exhausts in one. It can be near-stock level quiet through neighborhoods if you give it very little gas, or it can scream like a banshee at WOT. My only complaint is how loud it is at morning time cold start, but I think that is an issue with all aftermarket exhausts.

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Would be great if we could get the db at idle and at full throttle for both Ecoboost and GT touring version.

Sponsored

The Game

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Glad to see a full review because I ordered my Touring axle back set up from CJ PP Tuesday since I already had my FR X-Pipe. Currently working in Ohio but can't wait to get home to VA next week to install it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MagneticMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
I went through hell and back on fitment issues but have it resolved but love the sound and the black tips. If had to do over again wouldn't be an early adopter for this specific exhaust

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I have the black tips on my FRPP Sport, but one thing that drove me bonkers until I fixed it last week was that you can see the silver colored steel behind the tips. I rattle canned those with some black VHT paint from Autozone. Looks WAY better!

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
I have the black tips on my FRPP Sport, but one thing that drove me bonkers until I fixed it last week was that you can see the silver colored steel behind the tips. I rattle canned those with some black VHT paint from Autozone. Looks WAY better!
Picture ? thx

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Picture ? thx
Ask and you shall receive... BEHOLD!

Very subtle change, but looks infinitely better then seeing the silver mufflers behind the black chrome tips.
Sponsored