FASTBK

FASTBK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'15 OW 5.0 Premium PP
The only issue with filing this claim is that you're rates are going to jump up for the next 3-5 years. Is the person you hit claiming damages as well? If she is, might as well file the claim since you're going to get hit with the increase anyhow. If she's not, then I'd pay for the costs out of pocket. Trust me it's going to cost way more with the increases you get fin an accident than if you paid this out of pocket.
I have accident forgiveness and this is my first ever. So my insurance rates will not go up and I have that in writing. Not sure if the lady will come into play or not. Time will tell there. Like i said she was ready to shag out as soon as possible. Did not give the officer a phone number or anything so that will not appear on the wreck report. I don't know how far an adjuster is going to go out of their way to find her. He even asked her if she was going to get her car fixed and although her English was limited all she said was "I'm fine. Car fine. Go now?" and the officer gave her the needed info to get a copy of the report and let her be on her way.
Sponsored

OP
OP
FASTBK

FASTBK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'15 OW 5.0 Premium PP
I had a very similar accident months back. They had to repaint the bumper, replace the impact bar and absorber behind it, and replace the upper grille that cracked. Total repairs were just over $1300. I wish I had taken the opportunity to go Roush.
This seems like a good opportunity to go Roush since it has to be replaced anyway. My insurance company is in the loop and now just waiting to hear back from them. Once I get the adjuster out and see what the damage dollar amount is, I will crunch the numbers and see which way I lean..... Back to OEM or Roush. Unfortunately the earliest is Monday before a field adjuster will be in the area so I have a painful weekend of looking at a bashed up bumper. :faint: :popcorn:

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
The only issue with filing this claim is that you're rates are going to jump up for the next 3-5 years. Is the person you hit claiming damages as well? If she is, might as well file the claim since you're going to get hit with the increase anyhow. If she's not, then I'd pay for the costs out of pocket. Trust me it's going to cost way more with the increases you get fin an accident than if you paid this out of pocket.

This. They get their money one way or another. For less than $1500, I'd eat it. I have before.

OP
OP
FASTBK

FASTBK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'15 OW 5.0 Premium PP
This. They get their money one way or another. For less than $1500, I'd eat it. I have before.
I am sure the insurance co has already gotten that out of me in rates alone. But that is the name of the game I guess. Interested to see how much just the factory fog light is going to cost! :doh: But with accident forgiveness and if the lady does not surface, I might pay my deductible of $500 and hopefully have my Steed getting some extra air with the Roush and looking a lot better IMO.

TWilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
I just had the factory bumper cover replaced (other person's fault, so on their insurance). I can't give you any numbers on the fog light or any other potential damage, but replacing just the bumper cover was around $650.00. Fortunately, I had no other damage, and the shop did a terrific job matching paint and getting it back to factory spec.

Sponsored

gunbunnysoulja

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeannieskidneyfund.com
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
16 Magnetic S550
I just had the factory bumper cover replaced (other person's fault, so on their insurance). I can't give you any numbers on the fog light or any other potential damage, but replacing just the bumper cover was around $650.00. Fortunately, I had no other damage, and the shop did a terrific job matching paint and getting it back to factory spec.
I had my bumper cover, chin spoiler and undercover support replaced for a grand painted and installed from the dealer. The bumper cover itself is only $126 (unpainted).

OP
OP
FASTBK

FASTBK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'15 OW 5.0 Premium PP
Well I guess the Roush is out of the question for now. The OEM bumper cover is only costing me $127.00.... WHAT? That's right! So I guess I will be staying stock for now. Bummer! I drop it off today at the body shop and they start on it next week while I am traveling for work. At least it will be kind of out of sight out of mind while I am gone! Total damage estimate is $800 and some change.

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
Sorry.

Lady in front of me at a stop sign. She took off, so I thought. As I was looking up the road for oncoming traffic I didn't notice that she must have slammed on her brakes and chose not to go although she could have (since no one was coming) and bumped her. Maybe 1 mph bump which is enough, but you know, just enough to piss you off! :rant:
Sorry th hear this, but it is your falut, so sad.... :doh: John
Sponsored