Fault codes after BAMA Tune

Gnassi130

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
I recently purchased the BAMA Rev-X tuner by SCT. I received the new tunes from the cloud and followed the directions in regards to reprogramming my 2019 GT PP1. After about 20 minutes of idle/driving, the following faults occurred:

Hill assist unavailable
Blind spot assist unavailable
Rev match unavailable
Backup camera and parking sensors unavailable

I tried to reset the code with the tuner but it was unable to identify them and told me there were no errors at this time. Magically, the faults disappeared after shutting off and turning on the car.

The next morning I turned the car on and after approximately 20 minutes of idle/driving, the same thing happened again. After this, I parked the car for about an hour and again, the codes magically disappeared once I turned it on. Began to drive for approximately 10 minutes this time and all the codes reappeared. As I made it to the highway and reached highway speeds, an orange wrench appeared. I opened my owners manual to investigate what the wrench means, however, it does not exist in the owners manual.

I heard a rumor of disconnecting the battery to do a reset of the computer however, I’m afraid of disrupting the tune. Any thoughts or common problems?
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I recently purchased the BAMA Rev-X tuner by SCT.
good god, why? Ask for your money back and this time go with a tuner that isn't a pile of crap. Steeda, Unleashed Tuning, Palm Beach etc.

Orange wrench means look for fault codes. This time they should be real. Reflash back to stock pronto.

OP
OP

Gnassi130

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky
Vehicle(s)
good god, why? Ask for your money back and this time go with a tuner that isn't a pile of crap. Steeda, Unleashed Tuning, Palm Beach etc.

Orange wrench means look for fault codes. This time they should be real. Reflash back to stock pronto.
yikes, what tuner do you recommend?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I've had 4 cars flashed by Unleashed Tuning. If I feel like it I'll try a Steeda tune at some point. Lots of people have gone with Palm Beach but not sure if they support SCT devices.

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
All you had to do was research bama tunes and you would have never bought them in the first place. Lund, Palm Beach Dyno, AED are the three most popular. There are many other great tuners out there also, so not to take away from them at all but Bama doesnt fall into that category

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Sounds to me like you were in a low voltage situation when the tune was flashed. Hook up a battery charger and flash back to stock. Drive and verify the codes do not return.

Then hook up the charger and flash the Bama tune. Drive and verify the codes do not return.

I also agree Bama tunes are not very well written.

At least you didn't get the steering fault. If you get that it is a trip to Ford or use FORscan to reset the SCCM.

OP
OP

Gnassi130

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky
Vehicle(s)
Sounds to me like you were in a low voltage situation when the tune was flashed. Hook up a battery charger and flash back to stock. Drive and verify the codes do not return.

Then hook up the charger and flash the Bama tune. Drive and verify the codes do not return.

I also agree Bama tunes are not very well written.

At least you didn't get the steering fault. If you get that it is a trip to Ford or use FORscan to reset the SCCM.
thats possible, I had the car on but not running, following the instructions of the tuner.

So in your opinion, connect battery to a charger, retune the car to stock, run car, confirm no faults, hook battery up again, retune car, confirm no faults?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Yes.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I had the car on but not running, following the instructions of the tuner.
uhhh, you CAN NOT flash a running engine!!

find a charger and hook it up to the battery while you're parked (engine off) so as to maximize battery condition.

But bama is best just thrown away.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored
OP
OP

Gnassi130

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky
Vehicle(s)
uhhh, you CAN NOT flash a running engine!!

find a charger and hook it up to the battery while you're parked (engine off) so as to maximize battery condition.

But bama is best just thrown away.
yes I know, I would never tune a running engine. But how would I return a used tuner? Would American Muscle accept it?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The tuner is generic and any tune shop that uses SCT software can write a tune for you . ask for your money back for just the 'tune' credits. they may well say 'no' without you also sending the unit back too if they accept any returns at all.

The 'rev-x' looks just like a standard BDX unit going by the pictures.

If 'no' on either count call up Unleashed and get a tune (file set) from him.

Last edited:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Bama tunes are not the best but it won't ruin your car.

Just make sure you dowload live wire from SCT and do some logs before you let her rip.

You can post the logs on this forum and several will tell you if the tune is safe or not.
Sponsored