Sponsored

Fast Lane Mustang pre-review video

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
That's not what I meant. I was referring to him saying "it's one whole second faster than the regular Boss around a race track." Car X could be one second faster than car Y around Laguna Seca, but car Y could instead be faster than car X around Road America. Laguna Seca is largely a grip circuit with multiple low speed turns and braking zones while the other is a power circuit with tons of long straights. His statement could be completely valid but it means jack without specifying the circuit.
I think it's more meaningful than you recognize, simply because of what we know about both of the cars. We know that it is very unlikely that the GT is any faster than the Boss in a straight line, especially on a road course. At best it's very close. So, if the GT is faster than the Boss around ANY type of track, it would mostly be because of grip/handling and/or braking. So IMO that's telling...
Sponsored

OP
OP
Fenderaddict2

Fenderaddict2

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302
I think it's more meaningful than you recognize, simply because of what we know about both of the cars. We know that it is very unlikely that the GT is any faster than the Boss in a straight line, especially on a road course. At best it's very close. So, if the GT is faster than the Boss around ANY type of track, it would mostly be because of grip/handling and/or braking. So IMO that's telling...

I now get Ford's master plan. Have me keep the Boss AND buy a new Mustang. Brilliant bastards!

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
That's very true, but it still makes a huge difference to know which track the car is one second faster on. One second at Hockenheim's short circuit is a freakin' eternity; that's the difference between a 911 GT3 and a Cayman S. Track times there typically bunch up around 1:10-1:25. Take that same second and apply it to another grip circuit that's even longer - something with an average time range of, say 2:30+, and that second is much less meaningful.

Sponsored

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Ugggh, makes the wait worse.

danielc

photographer
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcarusophotography.com
First Name
daniel
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp recaro
So I finally know who is responsible for not making grabber blue available for the S550..

I also didn't care for the cross axis interviews, the interviewer can't be on both sides of the camera at once can they..but all in all a good view and insight on the process and backstory to development. Thanks for posting.

SpeedList

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush stage 2
2015 Ford Mustang Developement Video by FLD

OR Downpipe dyno 3.jpg

Pretty cool video I noticed on FLD today, hope you guys like it as well!

Fast Lane Daily visits Ford's headquarters to get an inside look behind the development of the 2015 Ford Mustang.

Have you ever wondered what goes into the design and engineering a new version of an American Icon that's been in continuous production for 50 years? Fast Lane Daily goes deep into the clay with the design and engineering team of the Ford Mustang to find out the level of passion and effort that went into creating a car that raises the bar on affordable performance yet pays tribute to the one that started it all. It's truly amazing that such an internationally diverse team can come together to build an American car celebrating its 50th Anniversary.
clay_mustang.jpg

Sponsored

Robinson02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black 5.0