RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
It irks me whenever I hear something is "X amount of seconds faster around a 'race track'." Which track is he referring to? A short circuit? Power circuit? Grip circuit? That statement means all of nothing except that the S550 is simply competitive with the Boss.

Sponsored

Nitro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
That's probably the best S550 video I've watched to date.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Hmm did anyone hear the guy say the GT PP is a whole second faster then the BOSS302 around the track...that's huge if true.

OP
OP
Fenderaddict2

Fenderaddict2

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302
Hmm did anyone hear the guy say the GT PP is a whole second faster then the BOSS302 around the track...that's huge if true.

But the LS was a second faster than the base Boss. And the ZL 2 seconds faster than that, no? Had hoped for more to be honest.

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
It irks me whenever I hear something is "X amount of seconds faster around a 'race track'." Which track is he referring to? A short circuit? Power circuit? Grip circuit? That statement means all of nothing except that the S550 is simply competitive with the Boss.
I would assume it was on the same track, right? He said they improved the braking points/zones over the old model. Allows them to drive the car deeper into the turn allowing faster times.

That guy was one of the suspension engineers, so you would assume what he states has a lot of credibility.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
But the LS was a second faster than the base Boss. And the ZL 2 seconds faster than that, no? Had hoped for more to be honest.
What are the differences between the base Boss and LS? Tire compound? Suspension setup/tuning? I have no idea.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Sway bar diameter, damping, and tires size and compound.
Thanks! Also, thanks for finding and posting this! How cool is it to see how enthused all these folks are to work on this new generation Mustang!!

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I would assume it was on the same track, right? He said they improved the braking points/zones over the old model. Allows them to drive the car deeper into the turn allowing faster times.

That guy was one of the suspension engineers, so you would assume what he states has a lot of credibility.
That's not what I meant. I was referring to him saying "it's one whole second faster than the regular Boss around a race track." Car X could be one second faster than car Y around Laguna Seca, but car Y could instead be faster than car X around Road America. Laguna Seca is largely a grip circuit with multiple low speed turns and braking zones while the other is a power circuit with tons of long straights. His statement could be completely valid but it means jack without specifying the circuit.
Sponsored