zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
For anyone wondering, checked with a scope today and the factory 8inch head unit at max volume with the EQ settings flat put out an unclipped signal at volume 30. Nice to know for sure I had a clean signal coming into the amps, and was then able to scope the amp outputs to eliminate any clipping as well. HU was tested at 40 and 1000Hz as is standard and I also went through a wide range with my signal generator using a 0db signal.
2-FBB31-B7-ACC1-49-D1-9121-5-FF8453-FAB7-E.jpg
Sponsored

E Broussard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eldes
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
For anyone wondering, checked with a scope today and the factory 8inch head unit at max volume with the EQ settings flat put out an unclipped signal at volume 30. Nice to know for sure I had a clean signal coming into the amps, and was then able to scope the amp outputs to eliminate any clipping as well. HU was tested at 40 and 1000Hz as is standard and I also went through a wide range with my signal generator using a 0db signal.

I have a 2015 mustang shaker system w/o a sub. I upgraded all of my stock speakers with Fosgates. I recently add a 300W amp with 2-12” that I connected via a LOC.
My question is do I need to make changes via forscan to prevent clipping. Do I need to do anything to the eq settings in forscan to make the upgraded speakers sound better?
I’m totally new to this and when I was doing a search, your info came up.

OP
OP
zero_chance

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
I flattened the EQ with Forscan to get rid of the digital processing as much as possible. A lot of people say that’s an immediately noticeable change for the better. No other changes and I verified no clip with a scope as pictured. I would imagine it would be the same for you on the regular drivers, the LOC may affect your subs however, as your taking a factory amplified signal at the LOC and sending it to be amplified again and then to your subs. I would assume perhaps the LOC accounts for that but I’ve never used them so I can’t speak to that.

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
You just saved me some cash. I was wondering what to set the volume at to tune my amp gains.
Sponsored