factory cold air kit

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
I am calling it that for lack of a better term.
I have heard that behind the grill is a block off plate that when removed will allow outside air more easily into the air plenum. Does the front grill cover have to come off to knock the block off out? Can it be done without taking the front end off the car?
Sponsored

vnzbd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6
There is not so much of a back plate, it is more like the grill needs to be opened up. The grill has the honeycombs block off as part of the factory grill. I replaced my grill so I can not tell you if the grill needs to come off to open it up. If you do take the grill off look at adding the inlet devise from Velosa Tech. This grill modification is not unique to the v6.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
As mentioned, it's not a plate but more the grill opening being closed off from the factory. You can replace the grill with an open one, or simply cut off the honecomb area to fully open the stock one.

Either way, the bumper has to come off. You can cut it with the grill still attached to the bumper saving you some time there.

OP
OP
dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
As mentioned, it's not a plate but more the grill opening being closed off from the factory. You can replace the grill with an open one, or simply cut off the honecomb area to fully open the stock one.

Either way, the bumper has to come off. You can cut it with the grill still attached to the bumper saving you some time there.
I am interested how do I do this

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
step drill bit. bumper stays as is
Sponsored