Factory Alarm question

decableguy2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP, 2020 VB GT PP
For anyone who has added the Vehicle Security System - Ford Perimeter Plus Part No: FT4Z-19A361-A, did you install the led indicator? If so where did you install it.
Sponsored

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
I am also interested at this at well. Just got my car with the Enhanced Security but it doesn't have a Led indicator that the alarm is active.

Any information how i can get this?

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Thanks @decableguy2000. Yes i was reading and it should plug in the VSS that is the memory of the alarm. Should be plug and play. I already made the order for the LED and i don't plan to make a hole to the dash. I am going to try to insert it thru the separator between the door and the dash. I have it that way on my Nissan 350Z.

I just want a visual LED flashing as this helps a little if somebody wants to do something to the car. They see the LED and understand that has alarm and think twice to do it, So really in any place that you put it will be visible.

Will contact my Dealer as soon as i receive it to see if they can print me the location of the VSS module.

rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1- w/Roush phase 2
Thanks @decableguy2000. Yes i was reading and it should plug in the VSS that is the memory of the alarm. Should be plug and play. I already made the order for the LED and i don't plan to make a hole to the dash. I am going to try to insert it thru the separator between the door and the dash. I have it that way on my Nissan 350Z.

I just want a visual LED flashing as this helps a little if somebody wants to do something to the car. They see the LED and understand that has alarm and think twice to do it, So really in any place that you put it will be visible.

Will contact my Dealer as soon as i receive it to see if they can print me the location of the VSS module.
I find this very frustrating as well. I realize if someone wants your car bad enough, or is simply determined to get into it, a flashing LED isn’t likely going to stop them. But most newer cars have these flashing LED’s to warn would-be thieves an alarm is set. So why wouldn’t Ford include that with their Mustangs? I have a 2020 GT Premium, 401A option package, Enhanced Security Pkg, AND The Perimeter Plus Pkg...and no alarm LED indicator. Really?

traktrbeam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Oxford GT Premium PP1
I am also interested at this at well. Just got my car with the Enhanced Security but it doesn't have a Led indicator that the alarm is active.

Any information how i can get this?
If you look at the lock 'Stalk' inside the car that you would pull up with your fingers to unlock the door manually, it should be illuminated in red when the alarm is active.

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Thanks to both. I ended installing an aftermarket alarm to complement the factory one.

rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I find this very frustrating as well. I realize if someone wants your car bad enough, or is simply determined to get into it, a flashing LED isn’t likely going to stop them. But most newer cars have these flashing LED’s to warn would-be thieves an alarm is set. So why wouldn’t Ford include that with their Mustangs? I have a 2020 GT Premium, 401A option package, Enhanced Security Pkg, AND The Perimeter Plus Pkg...and no alarm LED indicator. Really?
I’d like to also add that in the Perimeter Plus owner manual it talks about the LED warning light on page 5, but seems to indicate- “Optional” ? What?? So was anyone else who bought PP offered any optional accessories to purchase with it? I wasn’t. So was I just supposed to know that it wouldn’t come with the package when I ordered it, and that I’d have to ask and pay extra for a tiny LED attached to a wire. Lol Very weak.
Jeff

Sponsored

rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I’d like to also add that in the Perimeter Plus owner manual it talks about the LED warning light on page 5, but seems to indicate- “Optional” ? What?? So was anyone else who bought PP offered any optional accessories to purchase with it? I wasn’t. So was I just supposed to know that it wouldn’t come with the package when I ordered it, and that I’d have to ask and pay extra for a tiny LED attached to a wire. Lol Very weak.
Jeff
*UPDATE* I emailed the Ford dealer I ordered my GT from. After checking with the parts dept., I was told the reason the Perimeter Plus owners manual mentions a flashing LED warning light (page 5) is that the manual applies to other Ford models in addition to the Mustang. And for whatever reason Mustang is one model that doesn’t include a warning light. Dang it! Oh well, at least now I know it wasn’t something they forgot or that’s not working.

Also, someone mentioned in a previous post that when the alarm is set there’s a red light on the inside of the door where an old style flip up lock post would be. Not seeing that either on my 2020 GT Premium! Double Dang!

Jeff

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Also, someone mentioned in a previous post that when the alarm is set there’s a red light on the inside of the door where an old style flip up lock post would be. Not seeing that either on my 2020 GT Premium! Double Dang!
Here........

F01FCA1D-B513-4991-A70B-40BCFE90163B.jpeg

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I've seen a little red LED (clear lens) where the old-school door rod would be, and both sides have it, but I've never seen it light up after the doors are locked. I need to pay attention what it does in the future. But it'd be noticeable at night though. And with the speed our crappy batteries (too small) drain, it's probably better than they don't light up constantly IMO. But there should be an option on settings, in case you want to activate that feature.
Sponsored