Sponsored

Fabspeed vs B-LINE

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
Good afternoon yall, thinking of purchasing Hi-Flow cat system for my 2020 Gt350 and want to hear yall thoughts. I been looking to purchase Fabspeed version but the Bline offers similar system for $1000 less ( I am aware of different cells).
What are yall thought? I do not want headers and don't wish to tune the car. I daily the car and I do not take my car to the tracks but couple of mountain drives.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

OP
OP

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
Been looking at both products but from what I can tell B-Line has cleaner weld

cobra4ever

msteck
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350R HR427
I suspect that the FabSpeed cats are what would be used on hight end European engines where the most most horsepower and not cost are are goal. Plus to guarantee no CEL the downstream O2 bung should be as close to the converter as possible. Stock is in the middle of the converter, FabSpeed is where the cat terminates and the B Line is even further downstream. Being able to claim no CEL code is a big deal since that means they must blow about as clean as stock and provide the best place for the O2 sensor. If B Line were to provide the O2 bung where FabSpeed does at their price point it would be a no brainer....

OP
OP

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
I suspect that the FabSpeed cats are what would be used on hight end European engines where the most most horsepower and not cost are are goal. Plus to guarantee no CEL the downstream O2 bung should be as close to the converter as possible. Stock is in the middle of the converter, FabSpeed is where the cat terminates and the B Line is even further downstream. Being able to claim no CEL code is a big deal since that means they must blow about as clean as stock and provide the best place for the O2 sensor. If B Line were to provide the O2 bung where FabSpeed does at their price point it would be a no brainer....
So the location of the O2 Sensor makes a huge difference when it comes to the CEL?

Sponsored

cobra4ever

msteck
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350R HR427
It definitely makes a difference so the O2 sensor can get an accurate enough of a reading so to not cause the computer to trigger a CEL. All the other details I don't know.

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I have the B line pipes and have not gotten a CEL since install nearly a year ago. I added some O2 extensions in the bungs upon install just as insurance, and can definitively say that it worked.

Fixa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
18SS 1LE
Been considering the B line cats also. Is there a significant difference in sound vs stock cats? Are you also running resonator delete?

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Fabspeed has 200 cell count and B-Line has 300 cell count. This difference would not be noticeable. Also, I spoke to B-Line and they make their cats in house and do not 3rd party source to ensure they can handle even boosted applications (which before some owners had issues before making their cats in house). Is fab speed worth $1000 extra? That is up to the OP some people always want the best but other than cell count the craftsmanship for B-Line seems at least as good or better.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
One could argue the HJS cats from Fabspeed are worth the extra cost. BLine cats craftsmanship CANNOT be beat. Nor will you find anything from anywhere that looks as pretty; I have their x-pipe and didn't want to put it on the car. I spoke to BLine just a few days ago and they are months (I believe he said minimum of three) away from delivering anything. But I think that will be the case anywhere.

Sponsored
OP
OP

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
Well this is hard decision to make. I do not plan to add a boost any near future so 300 cell is completely fine. And the craftmanship Bline seems to be about same or better. but the O2 Sensor location is the concern. Just get the BLINE with O2 Extensions and call it a day?

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
What is the HP increase with the Bline high flow cats compared to the Fabspeed high flow cats? Fab speed advertises 21 whp at crank, about 25HP. I could not find any power information about the Bline cats.

OP
OP

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
I am not too sure, but I am not expecting any noticeable hp increase on both products. Ended up going with Fabspeed