Sponsored

Experience with tires

VUDU CHILD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Anyone have good tire ideas for my new rims... going to 20” hoping to get something close to the stock tires on my GT350... tires
Sponsored

Last edited:

Apex Wheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
What tires to run is a very personal question as each person will have different needs and wants from their set of tires. Since you're going with 20" wheels, I'm going to assume just street driving and no track time. Michelin Pilot Sport 4S is about as good as you can get for a street tire.

What kind of mileage do you want out of them? Desired sizes? All season or summer?

OP
OP
VUDU CHILD

VUDU CHILD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Ok didn’t give it that type of thought, so yes only street driving weekend car so not many miles I LOVE MPS4S but don’t like the price... what is a good alternative to them...?

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Hay jimi open a newspaper tire store flyer . GOOGLE also works to .

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
I went through this conundrum several months back when I went from 19" to 20". What Apex said is 100% true. Does depend on your wheel widths too. One thing I found is that sizing is not that abundant in 20" near stock rolling diameter for front and rear. If going from 295/35 fronts and 305/35 rears, you basically want the same section width in 30 series tires. Except for Michelin you are mainly out of luck, and I agree with you that they are very pricey. I searched every tire brand and model I could find on every tire site I could find that didn't seem shady. I ended up choosing Nitto Nt555 G2's 305-30 square on 11's F/R. For super cheap tires Lexani makes appropriate sizes and at not much more than $100/tire they are super affordable. Have not heard anything bad about them if just a cruising around tire is all you want on a budget. For me the Nitto's represented a decent middle ground of a quality tire that was not overly expensive. Have been very happy with them. Quiet, comfortable and for spirited street driving they are plenty enough for me. Good luck.

Sponsored

OP
OP
VUDU CHILD

VUDU CHILD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Hey GT thanks for the info YES just cruising mostly maybe some very spirited driving... I’m going to look into those Nittos as well. Yes I have seen the Lexani they very cheaply price which makes me worry about quality... Yes I’m also thinking about going square... thanks again

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
Hey GT thanks for the info YES just cruising mostly maybe some very spirited driving... I’m going to look into those Nittos as well. Yes I have seen the Lexani they very cheaply price which makes me worry about quality... Yes I’m also thinking about going square... thanks again
I felt the same but consider that any tire sold in the States has to meet DOT requirements. I asked a very respected forum member and wheel vendor and he told me the Lexani’s are fine to use, don’t expect ultra high performance but fine to use in the street . I came close but did get a little label vanity in the end and decided not to put those on my car. If it helps you feel any better about their origin, Nexen is the actual manufacturer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
VUDU CHILD

VUDU CHILD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Label Vanity....:cwl: But your so right given the 2 companies in front of me I might have done the same thing. Thanks for all your help

Apex Wheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Continental Extreme Contact Sport is the best alternative to the MP4S. I'd say it's 90% of the performance for 60% of the cost. In the wet they are about equal, Michelin has a bit of an edge when it's dry out. The Conti's also come with a 30k treadwear warranty, although that may be reduced in staggered configurations.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Mickey Thompson ET Street S/S or Nitto NT05

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Anyone have good tire ideas for my new rims... going to 20” hoping to get something close to the stock tires on my GT350... tires
Why are you going to 20" ? As you figured out, tire choice is poor at that size and for a GT350, Installing crap tires like Nitto or some complete no names makes absolutely zero sense.

OP
OP
VUDU CHILD

VUDU CHILD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Understood this is why I posted this tread for options & experiences with my given future situation.... as for the 20” my 350 is a weekend fun is the sun type car... no track time & no dragging here...

Ixse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
If this is just for weekend fun duty, you’ll be stuck with this tire for looong time. Why not just shell out couple extra hundred dollars and just go for mp4s?

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
If this is just for weekend fun duty, you’ll be stuck with this tire for looong time. Why not just shell out couple extra hundred dollars and just go for mp4s?
I would DEFINITELY go that route. I have the older gen MPSS on my street 20" set up and would highly recommend it. Especially for a machine like the 350.