Sponsored

Experience w/Service Department **with updates**

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Use quick lane all the time for by Chevy truck but personally would not use quick lane for the GT350 given the type and amount of oil and the need to torque the filter to specs. Always talk to the manager when I bring it in for oil change and specify what it needs. Not casting aspersions but would be concerned a quick lane wouldn't get it right, have the right oil, etc.
Sponsored

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
I was very fortunate when I had my 16 then 17 new GT 350. I live in a smaller town and the service manager at the Ford dealership I got them from kept studied up on them and when needed anything done like oil changes, tire rotation etc. he would tell me he would personally do the work to be sure it was done right that he knew they were a specialized vehicle that were not to be serviced like other Mustangs.👍

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Use quick lane all the time for by Chevy truck but personally would not use quick lane for the GT350 given the type and amount of oil and the need to torque the filter to specs. Always talk to the manager when I bring it in for oil change and specify what it needs. Not casting aspersions but would be concerned a quick lane wouldn't get it right, have the right oil, etc.
Maybe we are talking about different service. “Quick Lane “ is actually at the Ford dealership I use and part of Ford’s brand. They know exactly how to service this car.

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
That is basically the two Ford dealers in the greater Spokane area. They give crappy service on their best day and even worse service if you do not buy the car or truck from them. Wendle Ford and Gus Johnson Ford are proven suck.

I got my oil changed at Gus Johnson, but paid full price to do it and it was begrudged but done. Gus had two GT350's on the lot when I was hunting for mine. Neither one was what I wanted. I asked about special ordering mine and they said "NO." Buy their car or screw off. Wendle said, GT350's were for "special customers only".

I will use a small town Ford dealer for my next oil change, they do not sell Mustangs generally, their market is trucks and sedans. They are happy to help and looking forward to my next oil change. When I buy my new Bronco in 2022, guess who gets my money? I'll drive an hour for service and do it gladly for a dealer that considers me a "special customer".

Last edited:
OP
OP
Idrisbey

Idrisbey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2019-GT350
If this is a big city dealership, I wouldn’t be surprised if they are hard to deal with. I know of a couple dealers (non-Ford) in Chicago that are like this, including a BMW store- who you might not even be able to get to pick up the phone- because they are so busy. Essentially, they are so busy that they don’t care who they piss off because the work will be there regardless.
This is exactly the feeling I am getting from them; that they do not care who they piss off because the volume of customers is there no matter what.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Idrisbey

Idrisbey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2019-GT350
...Anyways screw Dana Ford and the horse they rode in on. I reached out to another Ford dealership in the area, spoke to their service manager and was told to bring it in next week.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
This is exactly the feeling I am getting from them; that they do not care who they piss off because the volume of customers is there no matter what.
The dealership may not care, but I'm sure Ford corporate hdqtrs does. A phone call or 2 to file a complaint, may get the attention of someone higher up.

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
Called my local dealership today (not the one I got my 2019 PP2) asked for an oil change. Going in on Saturday at 9AM. And the service rep even said, you can wait here like always. So no problems here + they know I will be using my points for the oil change.

clavery1322

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16' GT3RS
Coming from the dealer end it's crazy to hear stories like this. ABSOLUTELY unacceptable from our end.

19GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, 2015 4C, 2019 Ducati, 2008 FJ
Vehicle Showcase
I was very fortunate when I had my 16 then 17 new GT 350. I live in a smaller town and the service manager at the Ford dealership I got them from kept studied up on them and when needed anything done like oil changes, tire rotation etc. he would tell me he would personally do the work to be sure it was done right that he knew they were a specialized vehicle that were not to be serviced like other Mustangs.👍
You’re very lucky to have that. With the several dealers around me, they don’t care what it is, as it’s ‘just another mustang’. Unless it’s warranty work, it will not go to a dealer.

Sponsored

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
You’re very lucky to have that. With the several dealers around me, they don’t care what it is, as it’s ‘just another mustang’. Unless it’s warranty work, it will not go to a dealer.
Yea I was thanks but its all changed there now. I no longer have my GT 350's, that dealership changed hands and that service manager quit and went to a dealership somewhere else. He told me he couldn't work for the new owners even though they wanted him to stay. That he believes in taking it personally that the customers vehicles are serviced properly and the new owners were just about getting them in and out to make as much money as possible.

OP
OP
Idrisbey

Idrisbey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2019-GT350
I hate to revive this thread because I had moved on from Dana Ford, but I got a call from their General Service Manager Douglas Hanson because of the feedback I left on dealerrater.com

His first question to me was; "Did you buy the car from here?", I said no, and asked him what difference does where I purchased the vehicle make, as long as they are being paid for the work being performed. His reply was "We have to take care of our own customers first, plain and simple".

That's the reason why they were playing games, and giving me appointments that are 6 months in the future.

I am just putting this out there in case anyone is considering doing business with them in the future.

yannerd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350 HEP
I hate to revive this thread because I had moved on from Dana Ford, but I got a call from their General Service Manager Douglas Hanson because of the feedback I left on dealerrater.com

His first question to me was; "Did you buy the car from here?", I said no, and asked him what difference does where I purchased the vehicle make, as long as they are being paid for the work being performed. His reply was "We have to take care of our own customers first, plain and simple".

That's the reason why they were playing games, and giving me appointments that are 6 months in the future.

I am just putting this out there in case anyone is considering doing business with them in the future.
I had the same kind experience years ago with a Dodge dealership. They gave me an appointment weeks out because I didn't buy my car from them. They - like the dealership you're talking about - don't want you to buy your NEXT car from them either.