Sponsored

Exhibitions Of Speed - PYTHON GT500 Hood Vent Project

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '17 2SS (previous)
Still incredibly interested in seeing those carbon fiber options, although for my own car I know I won't be going with the raw huracan style because I want it to match the interior carbon dash for the most part.

Design wise the piece could have the carbon meeting in the middle, or all one direction. I think the former is more difficult?

When I first saw you were making vents T, I actually thought you weren't going the carbon route and instead offering powder coating on another material but kudos for branching out. Could look slick matching some of the more vibrant wheel finishes, or any really, if carbon fiber isn't your thing.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
introducing the Python. More aggressive vent length, more aggressive angle of attack, increased height, and a more aggressive angular shape. 100% carbon fiber construction will provide the strength/rigidity to delete the center support like the GT4 Mustang. I am a Porsche Fanboi, so incorporated some design elements from the GT2/3 RS.

73A0118F-A5FE-4AE1-9E2D-508164CE112B.jpeg

Moving into 3D printing a test piece to get some real world confirmation. Make any needed adjustments and start working on the mold.

DDE13BE9-8C8C-46E6-9206-478430D266A1.jpeg

First run of these will likely be limited to 10-15 pieces with projected completion time around Thanksgiving. Pricing still needs some time to configure, but it will be super reasonable. Here is a pic of the Porsche inspiration.

58BD2EF1-C5F8-49A0-8C0B-4E68E11DB668.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Still incredibly interested in seeing those carbon fiber options, although for my own car I know I won't be going with the raw huracan style because I want it to match the interior carbon dash for the most part.

Design wise the piece could have the carbon meeting in the middle, or all one direction. I think the former is more difficult?

When I first saw you were making vents T, I actually thought you weren't going the carbon route and instead offering powder coating on another material but kudos for branching out. Could look slick matching some of the more vibrant wheel finishes, or any really, if carbon fiber isn't your thing.
You will definitely still have a 2x2 Carbon option to match your existing trim or previously purchased components.

cool thing is you will have an option to go with a matte or gloss finish :cool:

Sponsored

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Can you do a rendering of it in the hood....Maybe alongside the factory. Just trying to get a feel for how much more it sticks out and perspective from different angles. Maybe when the printed piece is done.

Sponsored
OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
that's hawt, well done
Thanks brother
I'm in for the pricing
You’re going to be happy
Can you do a rendering of it in the hood....Maybe alongside the factory. Just trying to get a feel for how much more it sticks out and perspective from different angles. Maybe when the printed piece is done.
That will come soon. The 3D printed piece will give an even better visual.
Looks great!! I'm in.
Yeeee haw! DM me your email address
@50 Deep I'm sold. Take my money!
Hahah. Making a list of interested parties. Shoot me your email address via DM

kstand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP
Thanks brother

You’re going to be happy

That will come soon. The 3D printed piece will give an even better visual.

Yeeee haw! DM me your email address

Hahah. Making a list of interested parties. Shoot me your email address via DM
DM sent
Sponsored