Exhaust Options

GD~

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT
Just removed catback MBRP race exhaust that was on the car when I bought it. Very loud and horrendous drone. Ears would be ringing after a few hours in the car.
Sponsored

NFG19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
Just removed catback MBRP race exhaust that was on the car when I bought it. Very loud and horrendous drone. Ears would be ringing after a few hours in the car.
Damn! Some people like it that way! I like deep sounding exhaust. My 20GT I just bought has borla sport catback! It’s nice and deep! It’s just not quiet loud enough! However it is an expensive system so I’ll probably just keep it on!

GD~

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT
Indeed they do. I like a little bark with the pedal, but prefer as little drone as possible. Replaced with AWE touring and I have no regrets.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Damn! Some people like it that way! I like deep sounding exhaust. My 20GT I just bought has borla sport catback! It’s nice and deep! It’s just not quiet loud enough! However it is an expensive system so I’ll probably just keep it on!
Loud is fine but drone is something most want to avoid.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Ford Performance/Borla Extreme Cat Back.
-No drone
-sounds very healthy and clean, not obnoxious
-304ss construction
-mufflers embossed with Ford Performance
-Big fat chrome tips that are embossed with Ford
-perfect installation
-X pipe has a heat shield welded to it
I also have the Ford performance by Borla and for me it’s perfect. Loud when I want to be and gentle when you’re near a LEO.

Sponsored

BigR4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT 6MT
Everyone loves that Steeda H-pipe, myself included.
Although I wouldn't go as far as to say it has a "deep" tone.
It's not as raspy as an x-pipe is... but it didn't dramatically lower the tone of my exhaust. It did make it sound much better.

I just put a Stainless Works axle-back on my car a few weeks ago and THAT gave me a surprisingly deep tone. A lot deeper and lower of a sound than I expected.
I don't know how other axle backs compare. They do offer 2 versions, with one for that raspy sound that everyone likes and the deeper, more old school "Legend" version that I went with, and really approve.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Everyone loves that Steeda H-pipe, myself included.
Although I wouldn't go as far as to say it has a "deep" tone.
It's not as raspy as an x-pipe is... but it didn't dramatically lower the tone of my exhaust. It did make it sound much better.

I just put a Stainless Works axle-back on my car a few weeks ago and THAT gave me a surprisingly deep tone. A lot deeper and lower of a sound than I expected.
I don't know how other axle backs compare. They do offer 2 versions, with one for that raspy sound that everyone likes and the deeper, more old school "Legend" version that I went with, and really approve.
Does it work for active exhaust?

BigR4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT 6MT
Does it work for active exhaust?
The Cat-back they sell does, but they only have the Axle-back for non-active right now.

Its kinda new; they just started selling it in June; in fact, I think I might be one of the first, if not THE first person to order it from them.

Jackismydog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Francois
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 Convertible
As your car runs fine, check on the adds here an buy a used one! I did it and more than happy with my ford performance. I paid 350$ so was able to get quality at reasonable price.

It might take a couple of months to find the model you prefer, but that way it will respect your budget and you won't be desapointed. An as many said, drone is verry anoying to hear so take your time and make the right choice for you and your budget.
Sponsored