Exhaust opinions needed please

Uncle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Gt, 2015 Mustang Gt
Hey everyone. I have a 2015 Gt with a P1sc1, 18 mani, supporting mods etc. I currently have factory headers 3" cat delete, x pipe and muffler deletes. From the x pipe back is 2.5". I'm trying to maximize my setup and I imagine that the 2.5" is holding me back. I'm thinking about getting a 3" cat back set up to go with the 3 " cat delete. Are you boosted guys running 3" all the way? What cat back setup would you recommend? Would it be beneficial to get 1 7/8 long tubes? Any opinions and suggestions are appreciated!
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Hey everyone. I have a 2015 Gt with a P1sc1, 18 mani, supporting mods etc. I currently have factory headers 3" cat delete, x pipe and muffler deletes. From the x pipe back is 2.5". I'm trying to maximize my setup and I imagine that the 2.5" is holding me back. I'm thinking about getting a 3" cat back set up to go with the 3 " cat delete. Are you boosted guys running 3" all the way? What cat back setup would you recommend? Would it be beneficial to get 1 7/8 long tubes? Any opinions and suggestions are appreciated!
Long tubes are a definite benefit when boosted. Mate that to a full 3" exhaust setup. When looking at headers just make sure it's not a set designed to neck down to factory exhaust diameter. There are also some companies like ARH that do full systems headers through mufflers.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
we have been 8's on the factory connection point.

if you add headers and want to elimante a neckdown, you can do that, but until your making big numbers, your fine

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Kooks 1-7/8" headers with full 3" connection pipes and Corsa sport catback. Running this setup on my car. Sounds awesome and no drone.

Sponsored

JakeLethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
I mean it does come to a personal preference but realistically headers don't REALLy do too much power wise until you start really getting up there in power numbers. BUT, on the flip side you may be able to ask whomever tunes it and see if they can figure any ballpark numbers for an increase. At that point, you can see if the cost for some 1 7/8 is justified. Just would be my personal take on it.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
other than a tune, headers will get you more gains than pretty much any bolt on

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
All comparable long tube headers give about the same power so don’t worry about brand. Different brand Catbacks are not really going to benefit ether. So any brand headers (even eBay) and any brand catback of equal size will be close the same. It’s really just about preference

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I ran 1 7/8th catless headers thru a 3 inch corsa extreme exhaust On my 15 GT. Had a muffler shop fab a 3 inch connector from the headers to the pipes. ($40 bucks) I spent so much on the car I figured why skimp on the exhaust? The car ran 9s at a race weight of 4100 pounds. But it was loud as fuck!

Sponsored

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
If you need some headers we carry ALL of the major brands. Corsa, Kooks, ARH, Stainless Works, Stainless Power and many more! Give me a shout and I can get you taken care of on everything you need!

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I believe what Terry said in post#4.

I stayed with the factory shorty headers since they tend to deliver better low end, and still breath well in the middle and up top. I have read about folks that said the long tubes lost some low end, but they will pull better up top.

With my Stage II Procharger running about 9#'s of boost makes for a super fun street car using the factory short headers.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I believe what Terry said in post#4.

I stayed with the factory shorty headers since they tend to deliver better low end, and still breath well in the middle and up top. I have read about folks that said the long tubes lost some low end, but they will pull better up top.

With my Stage II Procharger running about 9#'s of boost makes for a super fun street car using the factory short headers.
You should not loose any low end but if you did it would be under 2k rpm somewhere you don’t really use it at. But like I said you should not loose any
Sponsored