Sponsored

Exhaust opinion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT premium
So I just recently installed Flowmaster outlaw catback with a custom H pipe on my S550. However I live in an apartment complex and the cold start sounded like thunder at 5 am. Any tips on suppressing sound on a cold start?
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Cold starts are pretty loud even stock, but going full 3" with long tubes and a louder muffler setup it gets rowdy lol. I personally only back in my garage and cold start with the garage door shut. Saves the neighbors a bit. For your scenario in an apt complex with no garage you could consider the pool noodle route described. Keep in mind on stock tune it only holds there for like 30-40 seconds or less then drops down. You could also drop it to R immediately after start and the noise instantly reduces significantly.

I find cold starts on e85 are much more mild than standard 91-93. So just another advantage of tuning for it 😁

Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT premium
Well guys.. i tried every method and they just keep shooting out the tips. Snug or semi snug in the exhaust tips. Cold start just blasts them out. I guess my neighbors will just have to hate me now.

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Only time I am glad I have the active exhaust is the early morning starts.
Sponsored