Sponsored

Exhaust Modification Question CVF Y Pipe or Nxt axle back?

perfect_storm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Looking for low end grumble. No drone just better exhaust note.

should I go with CVF Y pipe or NXT axle back? Both seem like they fit the bill.

everything else stock. Thanks in advance. Looking for conservative exhaust modification.
Sponsored

2020Tang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang ecoboost
I’m not familiar with NXT mufflers. I have a similar setup though with Roush mufflers and custom y-pipe for the resonator delete done by the muffler shop I use. No drone at highway cruising speeds.

jdsfly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost, A10
Vehicle Showcase
Deleting the resonator, will only slightly increase the sound of the stock exhaust.
I don't think it sounds good. I haven't heard the NXT axle back. I recently heard a stock exhaust with just the mufflers delated. I thought it sounded as good as any exhaust I've heard. It's certainly the cheap option. It's louder than I would want for a daily driver, but I don't like loud. Actually, I thought it would be louder. Just take your car to an exhaust shop and get an estimate.

BLU-PNY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Mustang premium vert, 2016 F-150 XLT 4x4, 2006 Mazda Miata
I am running the CVF Y-pipe with stock mufflers and like it. A bit deeper and louder at startup and under heavier throttle. I'm actually surprised at how good (and different) it sounds on a narrow urban street with buildings on both sides! At cruising speeds under light throttle, barely audibledifference and absolutely no drone ever.

All depends on what one wants and likes - I actually think the tone of the stock mufflers is pretty good - just very quiet. I dislike some loud aftermarket mufflers that sound like blatty fart cans. I'm not sure what the NXT mufflers sound like in person. I may add some axle-back mufflers at some point - most likely something like Borla or AWE Touring mufflers. One other thing I did was to replace the stock muffler tips with longer 4 inch diameter ones - cut off stock and welded new ones onto mufflers. Relatively inexpensive, looks much better IMO, and the exhaust note seemed to get deeper too. Good luck!
Sponsored