Sponsored

Ever head of grdian dash cam?

HavasuCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Competition Orange
[MENTION=6812]Jeffola[/MENTION], what did you have to do to get power supply from the mirror?
Sponsored

Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350

HavasuCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Competition Orange
Thanks [MENTION=6812]Jeffola[/MENTION], Will be looking into this when I'm ready to make a decision on a dash cam.

So many options/brands/features out there.

Sixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Hey does the Defendr have the park mode feature?

Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
GRDIAN Update

What a disappointment this unit is.

GPS acquire takes forever and more than not, it just doesn't happen.

I use a Mac, and the software does not work well, I have been told to use another piece of software, which is at a cost.

They get right back to you on the support email, I admit that, but the GPS is why you buy this and not just use your darn iPhone.

So, since they only continue to offer things to try the Credit Card is being notified, I don't even want to pay for return shipping it is a defective item.

Buy something else.

Sponsored

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
Been a month and a day since I ordered the one from digg cams, still no box. Don't be in a hurry if you order from them!

Malkionx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Ecoboost Performance Pack
What a disappointment this unit is.

GPS acquire takes forever and more than not, it just doesn't happen.

I use a Mac, and the software does not work well, I have been told to use another piece of software, which is at a cost.

They get right back to you on the support email, I admit that, but the GPS is why you buy this and not just use your darn iPhone.

So, since they only continue to offer things to try the Credit Card is being notified, I don't even want to pay for return shipping it is a defective item.

Buy something else.
How would describe the video quality?

Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
How would describe the video quality?
Video is actually good, but without GPS data, and a good piece of software to view it, its useless.

The Great Gazoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Silver GT/Auto
That cam is a Mini 0806 - several manufacturers use this. I bought this same model last year fairly cheap off eBay - shipped direct from China so took a long time for me to get it. This model has now been replaced with the newer 0826 design.

There was a firmware upgrade for the 0806 which I did that helped with the GPS tracking.

The video quality was pretty good from what I recall.

The problem for me was that it completely stopped working after about two months. Nothing I could do would revive it. I trashed it and spent the big bucks to get the Blackvue and have been happy ever since.

grdian

GRDIAN
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grdian.com
Vehicle(s)
bmw
Hi, thought I might chime in on this discussion and perhaps clear the confusion. Our model is based off of the Mini 0806, with some minor changes from custom firmware to packaging.

The Mini 0826 is actually not an upgrade from the Mini 0806. It is from a different manufacturer. It uses the same components but just a different look overall. There are a lot of distributors/resellers that rebrand products as their own. Cobra is one big company that does this. What we offer is completely different if you buy from an unknown seller on ebay.

If anyone is interested in learning more, dashcamtalk is a great forum to learn about dash cams. We are active there as well.

Feel free to message us if anyone has any questions or concerns.

Sponsored

Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Go with a brand you can trust

Some features are nice, some are really worthless.

They say that "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price".

I don't need WiFi, I really don't need audio, What I DO need is a camera that simply starts recording when I start the car, stops recording when I shut it off, and when I plug in the card or camera, I want video, crisp and clear with a piece of software that provides my location and speed and a map of the trip.

Its a dash cam, its for my protection and in the event I run across something cool (Like this video I posted on Youtube).

I spent $199 and bought the Garmin Dash Cam 35. Powered it up and the same software for my Driveassist 50LMT updates the software and the same dash cam viewing software works with this camera as well.

Has forward collision warning, a triple chime if you get too close to the car in front of you, a safety feature, no one would argue with, as well as a chime when nearing an intersection with a red light camera.

Video is very good, operation is excellent, and it friggin works.

I will add a screen shot of the player software, as well as a single frame export from the viewer software.

Sorry to all those who feel that it has to have WiFi, or a four burner cooktop, its a dash cam. If its feature packed and doesn't work when you need it, its worthless.
GRMN0055_0710_19m26s.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-07-10 at 11.08.59 AM.png

jchristena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
If anyone is still folllowing this thread, I have added Grdian dash cams to both mine and my wife's car based on [MENTION=6812]Jeffola[/MENTION]'s posts. They are great for the money. The video and audio are outstanding. Just use a tap connector in the rear view mirror.

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
The Grdian is also the only dash cam I'm aware of that supports 128 gig micro sd card that will record about 17 hours of high quality video.

The Mini0806 has twin sd card slots. I have 2 64Gb cards in it and it works flawlessly

mnmike59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Check out their new camera. http://www.grdian.com/shop/dash-cameras/defendr-plus

I loved the quality of the last cameras I bought from them, but the battery in them would fail if you left them in the car in direct sunlight. The heat would kill the battery.
This new unit comes with a Super Capacitor :clap2::clap2: and heat shouldn't affect it.
I pre ordered one and can't wait to get it. My other cams worked flawless, Other than the heat issue.
Sponsored