Europe Maps

ArmyHawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT/CS
Can Europe maps be added to a US spec Mustang? Just got my 17 GT/CS with the nav option this week and when I go to the Nav screen all I get is a grey blank page. I've read a lot of the posts that say using google maps through car play is better anyway, but I'd still like to get the nav working over here if possible.
Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Don't the maps download over sync or WiFi?
I'm shocked the dealer let it off the lot with nothing installed.

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
ArmyHawk and Chef jpd,

The maps are provided by a third party company, HERE Maps. They provide all updates and info since they're not downloaded from the vehicle or SYNC system. You can contact them at www.navigation.com or 866-462-8837 for any questions regarding that feature.

Cara

OP
OP
ArmyHawk

ArmyHawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT/CS
ArmyHawk and Chef jpd,

The maps are provided by a third party company, HERE Maps. They provide all updates and info since they're not downloaded from the vehicle or SYNC system. You can contact them at www.navigation.com or 866-462-8837 for any questions regarding that feature.

Cara
I went to the site you referenced and the Ford page says to contact your dealer. Since my dealer was Military Car Sales it doesn't do me much good...

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I'd just install Android Auto and use Google Maps but if you're prepared to spend some serious money on an EU firmware and maps conversion of Sync3 your best option is to go to these guys:

http://www.auto-hentzschel.de/ford-navigation-de.php

They have cracked the Sync3 system and can convert it to EU spec for you.

I'm shocked the dealer let it off the lot with nothing installed.
It's a parallel import (we don't even get the CS here at all) so it's not delivered through an official Ford dealer.

Sponsored

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
best choice would be using carplay or android auto

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
I'd be pissed if I had built in navigation and it didn't work.
I have the same issue with blanking plates where the optional switches would be.
They taunt you...... " you cheap bastard, look what you did to me"

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

Sponsored

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
I am surprised that Ford stayed with HERE maps. Updates are more than a year old when they become available. And Ford and HERE refused to provide new maps when it turned out that HERE had not included lake data for the A6 My-Touch Nav chips, for the Upper Midwest.

OP
OP
ArmyHawk

ArmyHawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT/CS
Got Android Auto working yesterday. Seems to work well and lets me remove the GPS from the windshield. One of the things that bothers me about this solution is that it requires a charging cable to be connected to work. Guess I'll just have to get used to this fact.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
If you are ever planning on taking the mustang back to the US, I'd just try to use the phone maps. Yes I understand that in at least Germany; phone can be unreliable due to the hills and valleys.

But as I understand you don't just "add" the maps; you need to flash the radio and biy the europe maps. then when you return to the US you'll need to flash it back and buy the US maps again.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
One of the things that bothers me about this solution is that it requires a charging cable to be connected to work. Guess I'll just have to get used to this fact.
You could consider using a second Android phone, strip it off all apps except Google maps and just leave it running in the car permanently. The charging point in the center console automatically cuts out after 1 hour, so it won't drain your car's battery. I haven't tried this myself since I don't have Sync3 but it could very well work.

But as I understand you don't just "add" the maps; you need to flash the radio and biy the europe maps. then when you return to the US you'll need to flash it back and buy the US maps again.
That's correct.

However anyone with a military discounted Mustang in Europe is far better off selling it over there before going home that actually taking it home.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
You could consider using a second Android phone, strip it off all apps except Google maps and just leave it running in the car permanently. The charging point in the center console automatically cuts out after 1 hour, so it won't drain your car's battery. I haven't tried this myself since I don't have Sync3 but it could very well work.

That's correct.

However anyone with a military discounted Mustang in Europe is far better off selling it over there before going home that actually taking it home.
I think that the euro spec Mustangs are now cutting into anything it could be sold for
Sponsored