six_shooter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 DIB, 2018 HD Iron 1200
Garbage tests.

Don't they even do the Cars and Coffee test over there?

1. Set up crash dummies on both sides of the straight away test track.
2. Set throttle to 100%
3. Watch as nature takes its course and count number of downed dummies.

The more decapitated, the higher the stars. Bonus stars for running over dummies on both sides.
Sponsored

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I believe the crash dummies survived every one. I feel that much better about surviving a crash in my Mustang now

SSF93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Metallic 2017 GT Premium
So the only place more dangerous than directly outside of a Mustang, is directly inside of it? :first:

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
There is a heap of floors with the testing in that it doesn't compare apples with apples to previous tests. They have firstly changed the ratings and many of the cars they say are safer were measured against the old tests. Also they aren't really comparing against other sports coupes because they don't usually test them as they are too expensive. ...try find a rating for a 911. I also think the testers got their nose out of joint because ford weren't that interested in supplying cars to test and so they want to make an example of them.

The best safety feature is the grey matter between the ears, although some people have little of that. These testing organisations will only be happy if we are all driving around in cotton wool balls.

Sponsored

Mr. G

Ira
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium convertible oxford white

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
With companies pushing out new designed cars every year and selling them worldwide, they should know the crash test which should be fulfilled before this cars are rated. All the gimmicks / electronic helpers they promise now for free, it won't change a bit. The test is out since before 2008 and only a Russian car got the same bad ratings in - 2008!

I know. Reading the "fan boys" comments, that it won't change a thing. Videos like the crash test now makes me wonder if older cars where much better build? And who got paid a lot that the American crash test counted a much better performance? We never know....

newkidnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 5.0
Got it:
1) Don't sit in the back seat
2) Euro NCAP cares a lot more about collision avoidance tech than I do

I think the title of Unsafest New Car for Sale is a little excessive. For example, the Challenger/Charger did worse than the Mustang in the US tests. Wonder how they'd be received if tested in Europe?

Enjoy your cars! The base level of modern vehicle safety is fantastic compared to what it was even ten years ago.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Those poor Europeans are doomed.

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
all this report tells me is that the pedestrian population is not well protected from our new mustangs when being run over while we leave mustang week and cars and coffee meets ahahahaha

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Yeah that sounds quite credible. So now we can blame Euro Ncap for the failed redesign :lol:

Anyway the report repeatedly states that the facelift models gets autonomous emergency braking and once it also mentions the other systemes as well (pedestrian detection, forward colision warning and lane assistance). This at least suggests that AEB will be standard which is a good thing as it is the most useful of the four.
It's not a good thing if you're up near threshhold braking and unintentionally cause it to kick in. Or if it can kick in without any input from you (not sure how this nanny can or will be set up). Being surprised by something interfering with what you know you can handle can't be construed as a good thing.

Now let's hope they also have the sensibility to add adaptive cruise control to the option list.
So why buy a car that's heavy on the fun-to-drive factor only to turn as many of the driving tasks over to the computers as possible? Just to be seen in? Jewelry for your driveway and parking spot at work?

<sigh>

Norm

Last edited:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
In todays world where a lot of drivers spend more time looking at their phones while driving. Then looking at the road. It's a good thing!
Sponsored