OP
ChiTownStang26

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
@Bluemustang

Man its awesome, that low end torque is amazing!
Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
@Bluemustang

Man its awesome, that low end torque is amazing!
Nice! As many have said, it's "bonkers" lol. Glad the tune is running well.
I have gone back to the FF tune after many weeks of E85R tune. I felt like I spoiled myself (especially after the 3.55 gear swap), so I went back to FF just for convenience sake and to clean the tank with 93.

I have discovered that I like the E40-E50 mix very much.

Lo Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Take me home
Vehicle(s)
86 GT, red; 88 LX 5.0, black; 95 GT black; 99 Cobra with mods (still own); ā€˜16 GT, PP, manual, Ruby, drivetrain vibration!; Traded for ā€˜19 GT, A10, velocity blue, love it.
I reflashed to a tune that was reading 77 with verified 84% EtOH and it would not make it over 50%. Stock engine. Cleared all adaptive memory. Still stuck at low ethanol conc.

Anyone know if fuel additives, I.e. Techron, could skew? Iā€™m thinking possible, but not likely, although thatā€™s the only answer I have since there are no DTCs. Iā€™ll try leaving it out next tank and see. Otherwise Iā€™m at a loss.

OP
OP
ChiTownStang26

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
I reflashed to a tune that was reading 77 with verified 84% EtOH and it would not make it over 50%. Stock engine. Cleared all adaptive memory. Still stuck at low ethanol conc.

Anyone know if fuel additives, I.e. Techron, could skew? Iā€™m thinking possible, but not likely, although thatā€™s the only answer I have since there are no DTCs. Iā€™ll try leaving it out next tank and see. Otherwise Iā€™m at a loss.

You have to get your gas level below 1/4 tank then fill up and the ecu should start relearning again.

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
UPDATE!

Filled up my tank at the same station ive been using for the past few months and when I turned the car on ethanol move to 65% then it started to climb! Leveled off at 74% ethanol after giing up and down a few times, AFR 10.4 and fuel trims are only now 2-3% on the lean side. Somehow filling up my tank triggered it to relearn as if I really had e66 and then added e85. I know for a fact I have e89 in my tank and this isnt a case of bad gas. I dont get it but whatever im just happy the ecu is learning again maybe next fill it will read correctly. Hope this thread helps someone in the future that might run into this.

I got the new e85r tune lund sent me to load to my device, incase somehow it really is e75 in my tank is it ok to run the e85r tune if im just 10% lower on ethanol. I know your should only use a dedicated e85 tune with only e85 but is there any wiggle room there? I have until the 8th to datalog the e85r tune and send it to lund before my window of free tune revisions closes.
I asked Lund this question directly because there was no clear answer.

HERE IS THE OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM LUND, concerning minimum ethanol content allowed for the E85R Tune:

"Minimum is around e82-83 for optimal performance. If you run less than E80 it will run rich but the fuel trims can correct up to 30% off. It will be ok but performance will suffer some what.
Jon Lund Sr. | Owner and Senior Calibrator"
Sponsored