Sponsored

Ethanol?? E!0

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
What type of gas are you running? Exxon shell QT? Tuner told me to run QT I'm assuming because it has 10% ethanol in the fuel. From what I've been reading ethanol has a higher octane rating, so it supports a higher compression ratio and more aggressive ignition timing. So I'm hoping with this fuel change I'll gain some more horsepower. Spoke to my tuner again about why my car is pulling timing and he assured me its not spark knock so thats a plus. I filled up with QT yesterday, and I'm already on E after slamming on the gas every five min( i can't help it) Car made 410 at the wheels and pulls strong but with it pulling timing I'm quite sure i can get some power. What do you guys think can the fuel change give me some more power? ill find out next wee when i put it on the dyno again. Thanks
Sponsored

Daytona Coupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2017 Explorer Sport, Ducati Diavel
It depends on the octane rating. If you have 91 octane pure gas, and 91 octane with 10% ethanol, they are both still 91 octane. No difference in knock sensitivity. Ethanol has a lower stoichiometric (ideal air/fuel) ratio, so adding it to gas will generally lower your mileage as the computer adds more fuel to compensate. The higher the ethanol percentage, the worse your mileage will be.

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Less mpg but more hp right? So the only difference between ethanol and regular 93 gas is you'll get less mpg then regular 93? no difference in power?

Daytona Coupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2017 Explorer Sport, Ducati Diavel
Probably no more power. If any, it would be slight.
Sponsored