Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Hey some of us love wheelspin!
Im loving the kit, i lowkey feel like it shouldve been a little faster, however its super humid and 90 degrees outside so il probably be meeting my expectation once it cools down
Hopefully boost weather will becoming soon for all you guys !
Sponsored

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
For real. It's been high 90s low 100s here in VA and ridiculously humid. I gotta get logs to Wengerd but I just really don't wanna be hard on it with these temps lol.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
For real. It's been high 90s low 100s here in VA and ridiculously humid. I gotta get logs to Wengerd but I just really don't wanna be hard on it with these temps lol.
You have less of a chance of hurting something when it’s warm/hot outside. When the air density is COLD, the power increases, more fuel is required, etc etc. These cars are designed to be in extreme temperature swings.

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
for those with mechanical boost gauges, how did you route the line from the engine bay into the cab?

Also, is there a good way to just remove whats left of the sound tube? ESS gives you the cap but the whole thing just looks dumb hanging out there. Im guessing the alternative is just a big hole in the firewall?

...which could be used to route a line for a mechanical boost gauge?

Last edited:

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
for those with mechanical boost gauges, how did you route the line from the engine bay into the cab?
I ran the capillary line from this one through the passenger floor firewall area. Through a grommet, under the fender liner and up through the shock tower.

IMG_0976.png

Sponsored

Wolfys11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jakub
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Gt

Also, is there a good way to just remove whats left of the sound tube? ESS gives you the cap but the whole thing just looks dumb hanging out there. Im guessing the alternative is just a big hole in the firewall?

I would say the firewall sound tube should be capped off. The usual way most s550 owners get to the cabin is where the battery harness wire goes inside, its accessable in the passenger footwell. Pull out the carpet and you should see it

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
I would say the firewall sound tube should be capped off. The usual way most s550 owners get to the cabin is where the battery harness wire goes inside, its accessable in the passenger footwell. Pull out the carpet and you should see it
so no issue with having a line go from a vac block on the driver side inner fender, across to the passenger side, then back to a gauge on the driver side?

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase

Yes remove the sound tube , I think you will need a 1 in body plug at the fire wall . This is the perfect place to run your vacuum line or any wiring into the passenger compartment . The other side of the hole is behind the accelerator pedal .

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
So I was just doing a data log for Wengerd and did my pull to 6000. I noticed when I got off the gas and shifted up, my AFR (on the dash gauges) was just pinned at 20.0 and stayed there for a while and then came back down to normal range.

Is that normal? Bug with the gauge/sensors

Seems to be running good though.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
So I was just doing a data log for Wengerd and did my pull to 6000. I noticed when I got off the gas and shifted up, my AFR (on the dash gauges) was just pinned at 20.0 and stayed there for a while and then came back down to normal range.

Yes. That is called “DFCO”
“Deceleration Fuel Cut Off”

Sponsored

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Yes. That is called “DFCO”
“Deceleration Fuel Cut Off”
Ok cool. Only sort of paid attention to afr pre boost so I'm sure it was doing it before then.

Oh and I was trying to find a post and couldn't cause I know people have asked here before, but is this much of a bend normal?

20230910_151528.jpg

And the final product

20230910_165619.jpg

20230910_165908.jpg

Last edited:

Dr.Patterson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patterson
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Ok cool. Only sort of paid attention to afr pre boost so I'm sure it was doing it before then.

Oh and I was trying to find a post and couldn't cause I know people have asked here before, but is this much of a bend normal?

20230910_151528.jpg

And the final product

20230910_165619.jpg

20230910_165908.jpg
Seems like anything besides the stock throttle body will have the bend. Here’s mine
IMG_7740.jpeg

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT

Normal when you’re off the gas. And your bend in the piping looks all good.

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
Actually looks good! Once you start it up check to make sure nothing it touching and if not you will be fine. On a side note tighten every t-bolt as tight as you can get them…. You will thank me later! 😁
But not too tight! Ive destroyed 2. To be fair though, those were cheaper ones I got for my boost leak test kit.
I zip tied them tight, they shouldnt pop off but I never trust a vacuum hose unsecured
I also zip tied.

Last edited:

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
Yeah super hot and humid you can feel the power drop.
Sponsored