ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
You guys seem to be more helpful that the rest of the forum...

Bit off topic, but has anyone tried the Wix Racong Filters? Specifically part # 51515R?
Anyone crazy enough to ACTUALLY spend $6000+ on a supercharger for their Mustang must genuinely care about it enough to do such a thing. We won't talk about how much $$$ @Proshop has spent though!!! 😂😂

on the filters thing, personally i only use the motorcraft stuff, sorry 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Anyone crazy enough to ACTUALLY spend $6000+ on a supercharger for their Mustang must genuinely care about it enough to do such a thing. We won't talk about how much $$$ @Proshop has spent though!!! 😂😂

Omg let’s definitely not go there! Im sure I’ve paid for a few peoples houses and exotic cars with all the stuff I have done and there is still more to go.. 🤣

HAVOC_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I get it lol. It's quite the investment this time around. All in all about $20K.

I've used the Wix Racing Filters on a few of our drag cars and have great success with them. They have a larger filter and more filtration. I can use the OEM, just being picky.

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

Motorcraft here as well. Although I do believe that Purolator actually makes them so those should do just as well.

On the spending money aspect. I saved up my duckets with the intent to buy a Mach1 but prices got crazy. I looked at spending $20k after trade-in and get a newer but only marginally better optioned stock car than I have now (Bullitt with all options except Recaros) or spend $10K on a paid for car and have tons-O-fun and make more power.

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
spend $10K on a paid for car and have tons-O-fun and make more power.
This right here, i really truly wanted a GT350 myself, but my car is paid for as well and has been for quite a while. Haven't put much $$ into it over the last 8 years so i figured now was a real good time to do just that. I'm sure I've got thousands to go with a transmission, clutch, LTHs and springs and whatnot to go but hopefully i can get by for a little bit until then lol

Sponsored

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
http://kelltrac.com/15-23-Mustang_c_11.html

And i didn't think of the toggle switch idea but it made perfect sense to me, you're just simply trying to tie the twowires together then separate them on demand inside the cabin. Really, ford should have done this with an auxiliary switch. But 85% of mustang owners should probably have the nannies cuz they have a tendency of using them for "crowd control" 🤦‍♂️
I msg'd him on his contact us page a week ago but hadn't heard back yet, so I sent a direct email today. In case he doesn't respond back, which stop the hop steeda kit will go me the best bang without sacrificing ride quality?

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
You will get some oil and fuel mixture odors if you run a vented system. A lot of guys don’t like it and some don’t care.
No smell system:

https://www.uprproducts.com/11-23-m...ged-dual-valve-oil-catch-can-css-plug-n-play/

Possible race car smells system:
https://www.uprproducts.com/11-21-mustang-gt-5-0-or-v6-billet-dual-inlet-breather-tank-plug-n-play/

No matter what system you go with I would buy one of these for the extra pressure release:
https://www.uprproducts.com/ford-gm-baffled-billet-one-way-valve-cover-crankcase-breather-kit-upr/
Unfortunately still not no-smell for me. I thought the gates hoses would work, but I'm still picking up smell after a couple of weeks of breakin.

The final pst here has another hose recommendation that I might try next, although it's very pricy https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...e-or-after-shutoff.185679/page-3#post-3768058

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
I msg'd him on his contact us page a week ago but hadn't heard back yet, so I sent a direct email today. In case he doesn't respond back, which stop the hop steeda kit will go me the best bang without sacrificing ride quality?
You're better off buying the toe links, upper control arms that pivot freely and vertical links that pivot freely for ride quality.
i would buy the kelltrac lockout kit and the long stud kit he sells, it's the best design IMO. This is for the wheel hop issue.
If you're going to put on any of the aforementioned pieces, buy the stud kit FIRST as they assist in installation of all of those pieces.
I'm very happy with my steeda ultimate stop the hop kit, but it definitely adds NVH. More emphasis on the H part. And it didn't actually solve my hop problem, so I'm not super thrilled with it. I would watch that video i posted and only buy the stuff kelltrac says to buy. Anything else is kind of a waste of money until you're ready to go full racecar
IMG_0592.jpeg

Also: the steeda parts didn't hold up very well to rust or rough New England weather. Not sure BMR or others would be any better, but i would be willing to try others and I'm going to soon enough because these are about rusted through...

Last edited:

Sponsored

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
You're better off buying the toe links, upper control arms that pivot freely and vertical links that pivot freely for ride quality.
i would buy the kelltrac lockout kit and the long stud kit he sells, it's the best design IMO. This is for the wheel hop issue.
If you're going to put on any of the aforementioned pieces, buy the stud kit FIRST as they assist in installation of all of those pieces.
I'm very happy with my steeda ultimate stop the hop kit, but it definitely adds NVH. More emphasis on the H part. And it didn't actually solve my hop problem, so I'm not super thrilled with it. I would watch that video i posted and only buy the stuff kelltrac says to buy. Anything else is kind of a waste of money until you're ready to go full racecar
IMG_0592.jpeg

Also: the steeda parts didn't hold up very well to rust or rough New England weather. Not sure BMR or others would be any better, but i would be willing to try others and I'm going to soon enough because these are about rusted through...
Oh shoot, you posted a video link? I totally missed that!

Edit: I can't actually find the video you linked. Unless it's on their website.

Edit2: think I found it. Great info:

Last edited:

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
@lkeltner if it bothers you that bad I'll give you my address where you can send your whole setup, I'm sure my Silverado wouldn't mind a smelly supercharger :crackup::wink:
Sponsored