ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
from my understanding of Bill I'm pretty sure his background is actually ford based but like any tuner that tunes LS cars he gets a ton of LS based business since there are so many on the road. also he tuned what might be the fastest s550 in AZ it runs 7.80s not sure that I have seen anyone go faster. If I was having a local tune my car it would be him without a doubt.

Think that's the S550 record. I'm waiting to hear back from them on the possibility of remote tuning.
Sponsored

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
You know that a v3 says 775 is the max that it is capable of. I have seen the rotrex make 800whp on s550
Weird, I made 1000whp with my V3 JT. 3.12 with a 15% lower.

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
Spoke to Palm Beach Dyno - they said they will absolutely tune it. For 18+ applications, they recommend 52# injectors.

I've decided to go with a procharger, but figured this may help someone thinking about this kit.

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
Spoke to Palm Beach Dyno - they said they will absolutely tune it. For 18+ applications, they recommend 52# injectors.

I've decided to go with a procharger, but figured this may help someone thinking about this kit.
What made you choose the PC over this one?

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
What made you choose the PC over this one?
I called procharger and had someone on the other end of the phone within 10 seconds. Talking to someone who could answer my questions in under a minute.

I've called ESS twice and neither of the people I spoke with could tell me much about the coyote kit. I'd rather pay a little bit more for good support.

Sponsored

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
I called procharger and had someone on the other end of the phone within 10 seconds. Talking to someone who could answer my questions in under a minute.

I've called ESS twice and neither of the people I spoke with could tell me much about the coyote kit. I'd rather pay a little bit more for good support.
I tried optioning out the PC similar to this kit(larger intercooler, brackets and head unit painted black)and price almost doubled up.
I get your point but is it worth so much? Especially if you're getting it tuned somewhere else the support you get from PC is only for the hardware.

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
I tried optioning out the PC similar to this kit(larger intercooler, brackets and head unit painted black)and price almost doubled up.
I get your point but is it worth so much? Especially if you're getting it tuned somewhere else the support you get from PC is only for the hardware.
The price I'm paying is about 700 more. I'm getting the p1x head unit, not the p1sc. Call some of the sponsors on this site if you want a good price, they will hook you up. PM me if you want details on who I used. I personally don't care about paint, but I know to some it's important. I'll just polish my kit.

Another thing that's really off-putting about this kit is that they charge $150 shipping for a 35 pound kit when everyone else offers free shipping.

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Just wonder why we have a great American made centri system (Procharger) and need to support American companies, and folks jump ship for an imported system?

I don't get it.

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
The price I'm paying is about 700 more. I'm getting the p1x head unit, not the p1sc. Call some of the sponsors on this site if you want a good price, they will hook you up. PM me if you want details on who I used. I personally don't care about paint, but I know to some it's important. I'll just polish my kit.

Another thing that's really off-putting about this kit is that they charge $150 shipping for a 35 pound kit when everyone else offers free shipping.
If you got a good deal thats great.

However, comparing apples to apples the PC specced as the ESS runs at 7000(currently on special at Lethal) while ESS prices it at 4900. Thats 2100 difference.
Probably can get better pricing on both sides but shows a base substantial difference.

Screenshot_20210215-130930_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210215-131447_Chrome.jpg

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
If you got a good deal thats great.

However, comparing apples to apples the PC specced as the ESS runs at 7400(currently on special at Lethal) while ESS prices it at 4900. Thats 2500 difference.
Probably can get better pricing on both sides but shows a base substantial difference.
Maybe you should order it, then? I spend the money I earned and I'm 100% confident I made the right choice for myself, why do you care?

Procharger has been supercharging mustangs for decades. I'm simply more comfortable buying a kit that's been proven reliable.

Sponsored

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
Also the Procharger stage II kit you linked has a direct drive pulley, meaning it runs off the crank. The ESS kit is an accessory drive system. You're not including shipping ($150) and added black paint to the head unit ($300) which isn't included in the ESS price - it's satin.

You'd be better off using the p1sc kit for reference and upgrading to the P1X and larger intercooler.. if we're talking apples to apples.

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
Maybe you should order it, then? I spend the money I earned and I'm 100% confident I made the right choice for myself, why do you care?

Procharger has been supercharging mustangs for decades. I'm simply more comfortable buying a kit that's been proven reliable.
This thread is about ESS SC and believe its open to discussion and comparisons as far as on topic. Congrats on your choice, didnt mean to make you feel uncomfortable.

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
Also the Procharger stage II kit you linked has a direct drive pulley, meaning it runs off the crank. The ESS kit is an accessory drive system. You're not including shipping ($150) and added black paint to the head unit ($300) which isn't included in the ESS price - it's satin.

You'd be better off using the p1sc kit for reference and upgrading to the P1X and larger intercooler.. if we're talking apples to apples.
Yes, true: its stage1 vs ESS. The head unit is black in the gear box so half painted. Updated difference to 2100.

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
This thread is about ESS SC and believe its open to discussion and comparisons as far as on topic. Congrats on your choice, didnt mean to make you feel uncomfortable.
I'm not uncomfortable at all, always open to discussion. I was completely ready to go with ESS until I called them and they couldn't really tell me anything on the coyote kit. Maybe I got the wrong guy, I don't know.. but that's what scared me away. I'm sure both kits are great... the head unit is what really matters and ESS seems to have that manufacturing process down to a science.

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
I'm not uncomfortable at all, always open to discussion. I was completely ready to go with ESS until I called them and they couldn't really tell me anything on the coyote kit. Maybe I got the wrong guy, I don't know.. but that's what scared me away. I'm sure both kits are great... the head unit is what really matters and ESS seems to have that manufacturing process down to a science.
I've been researching a little and while they are new players in the Mustang platform they are very well known along bimmers. Their kit is very popular on th e9x m3 which is a high revving, high compression engine similar to the coyote and vodoo.
While for the BMW they offer tuning included in their kit they only focused on the hardware for the mustang kit. That could explain why employees are a little clueless.
This kit is uncharted ground for us but quality seems really really good.
Sponsored