Sponsored

ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
I've seen this kit in person on a 2018 GT out at the drag strip. The owners of Arizona Elite have the setup on their personal car as a test vehicle and I believe it was running low 10's at 142ish. I'm pretty sure he told me the car was making about 10 psi. Great looking kit. I did notice that the blower pulley was very small compared to my P1X so I'd venture to guess it's got a much smaller step up ratio but not sure.
Sponsored

jarmitage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150, 2010 C6 GS, 2005 Sequoia, 1969 Cadillac
I've seen this kit in person on a 2018 GT out at the drag strip. The owners of Arizona Elite have the setup on their personal car as a test vehicle and I believe it was running low 10's at 142ish. I'm pretty sure he told me the car was making about 10 psi. Great looking kit. I did notice that the blower pulley was very small compared to my P1X so I'd venture to guess it's got a much smaller step up ratio but not sure.
I think they have a 4” pulley on Keirstins car. She’s trapped 144 here in AZ and takes it easy on the launch.

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
Nice looking kit. Wonder if Lund/PBD have no problem to remotely tune it.

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Nice looking kit. Wonder if Lund/PBD have no problem to remotely tune it.
All they need is the MAF data. Which ESS has on their site.

Sponsored

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
The biggest question for me is how quick does is come into boost. I feel like most people chase a hp number but a properly setup smaller kit matched with the high revving coyote would be an excellent match.

id love to see a dyno chart from this kit overlayed on a paxton 2200 kit for example.

2nd it blows my mind i wish more centri kits were liquid cooled like the whipple or roush kits. It would shorten the plumbing and air to water will always beat air to air for cooling.

OP
OP

MustangorCamaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
No like centri blower straight into intake manifold type air to water intercooler like the whipple, edlebrock, vmp odin, ect.

That would make for short plumbing. centri to intake manifold thats it.

Also blows my mind hellion doesnt offer an intake manifold type intercooler to go with the twin turbo kit and sleeper kit.

Ive seen turbos use that type of intake intercooler but not any centris.

OP
OP

MustangorCamaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
No like centri blower straight into intake manifold type air to water intercooler like the whipple, edlebrock, vmp odin, ect.

That would make for short plumbing. centri to intake manifold thats it.

Also blows my mind hellion doesnt offer an intake manifold type intercooler to go with the twin turbo kit and sleeper kit.

Ive seen turbos use that type of intake intercooler but not any centris.
I'm guessing cost is the reason. Just because it usually is, whether part or all. Development, production and onto the consumer. Would be interesting if one of them could pop in and say whether it was ever considered.

Sponsored

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
I'm guessing cost is the reason. Just because it usually is, whether part or all. Development, production and onto the consumer. Would be interesting if one of them could pop in and say whether it was ever considered.
Cost is a bit of an excuse when people spend 5 figures for a baller whipple kit with the extra options. Why not do a centri with an air to water. Id argue it would run cooler than a whipple type blower acting as a heat sink on top of the engine too.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Definitely worth looking into. $5800 with the upgrades impeller, complete minus injectors, awesome. This is the priceline I would expect from the A Prochargers, Vortex etc. They are very high for the cost they have in their kits.

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
Im not even saying the air to water intakeanifold be a part of the kit. Sure it would drive up the cost.

Those A2W setups are expensive but Id sure like to see it as an available upgrade. Hellion and Whipple along with nearly everyone offers staged upgrade packages.

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)